Author Topic: DL1608 for sale  (Read 14620 times)

Kev tyler

• Knight
Re: DL1608 for sale
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 09:54:20 PM »
It would suit you perfectly Kev  8)

Mate you know I am never going to be popular enough to use all them inputs, and it's the old problem of exchange , if it was euros I would snap your hand off,

Was hoping for a 3 grand tax rebate this week, my accountant emailed me and told me to sit down and forget it, I owe them another 1800 for vat,

:(

Won't be hard to sell that mixer mate, good luck

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 12:23:03 AM »
It still takes up less desk space than most of the XR series. Just think about the extra gigs you could get mixing for the local function bands (which, basically, is how I make a crust). I'd love to fly out and give you a demo but I no longer have a current passport....

Seriously, if I can raise the cash for the X32 Rack without selling the DL I'll keep it, the used price is going to go into free fall soon, Thomann are selling them for EU982/£733 (which is not too bad considering I paid £960 two years ago). When I bought it I intended for it to be a lifer but times move on OTOH if I don't sell it in the near future I'll be worth more to me as a backup/small gig mixer.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:25:22 AM by sam.spoons »

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 01:05:28 PM »
I hate selling gear chas, you never know when you are going to need it,

As I always say the form factor and the security of the Dl is brilliant,  why did berry not copy that?

Cheers

Kev

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 01:51:32 PM »
I hate selling gear chas, you never know when you are going to need it,

As I always say the form factor and the security of the Dl is brilliant,  why did berry not copy that?

Cheers

Kev

I think they sort of, kind of tried with their X18 Desk. It sure looks bigger than the DL806/1608 though.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 11:19:17 AM »
Hi chas

You know mate I left Liverpool 13 years ago, but Liverpool never left me,

I just can't picture myself leaving I phones and I pads lying around in the nags head while I nip off stage for pee.

It's fantastic the way the pad bolts in, I am sure you could probably adapt it so any dope with an Allen key can't whizz your gear, but in the behringer copy, it's just a place to leave a pad or unsecured laptop,

Have a great weekend mate

Kev

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 12:38:05 PM »
Just unplug the ipad and take it with you when you nip off stage.  :eek:

Your never to old to learn something stupid

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 12:41:16 PM »
Yes of course you are right,

But you know you are going to look a right plonker standing in the toilet having a pee with an iPad in your hand lol,

:)

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 01:52:51 PM »
Hate to admit it....but I've done it already
I have no shame anymore.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 02:07:10 PM »
It's probably worth practicing peeing one handed though, I'd hate to drop my iPad into the bog  :facepalm:

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 03:15:45 PM »
Try explaining to the rest of your band, why the iPad is wet. Ughhhh!  :facepalm: Or to the Apple Tech why it doesn't work properly  ???
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 03:33:01 PM »
You really don't want to get them wet.  They have dyes to run if that happens and Apple will know why it's not working and don't expect the warranty to cover it.  I've never locked mine to the dock, but it's always in full view of everyone.  I have a STM bag for my ipad mini with a decently long enough strap. Guess I'm a little less concerned for my ipad 2 because it and all my other Apple devices are findable with the find my iphone app. (And it's an old model with a bit of shattered glass on one corner.)  Probably should put a screen lock on it.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 04:45:22 PM »
I can never understand why they don't make them waterproof, the whole thing is glued together so it shouldn't be that hard. Several smartphones now offer this feature (waterproof to IPX7) and you can buy a marine VHF that is waterproof from around £50 so it can't be that expensive to implement.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 05:53:15 PM »
Very good points and you can get a waterproof transparent case or in a hurry just use a large zip-lock bag.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 06:02:27 PM »
I have a waterproof iPad case for wet outdoor gigs, the touch screen works fine throughout the case. Decathlon (the EU sports retailer) do a waterproof smartphone case (a sort of budget 'aqua pac') for about £6 I use them as an extra layer of protection for my GPS when sailing or windsurfing. Not sure I'd trust my iPhone to one for a 'full immersion' activity but it's fine for rain/beer protection on outdoor gigs.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 08:05:37 PM »
My Wife and I went to Honolulu to my Nephew's wedding and while there wading in the surf, my cell phone dropped out of its holster into the ocean.  Got the cell phone and figured that the most dangerous part was the salt water so went back to the hotel rinsed the hell out of it in fresh water, shook off the excess and used a hair dryer to dry it out.  It went back to working.  (But had a design flaw that allowed the battery pack to swell with age and no longer make electrical contact. Iphone is so much better, but don't drop it in the ocean.)