Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL1608 for sale

<< < (6/8) > >>

Wynnd:
You really don't want to get them wet.  They have dyes to run if that happens and Apple will know why it's not working and don't expect the warranty to cover it.  I've never locked mine to the dock, but it's always in full view of everyone.  I have a STM bag for my ipad mini with a decently long enough strap. Guess I'm a little less concerned for my ipad 2 because it and all my other Apple devices are findable with the find my iphone app. (And it's an old model with a bit of shattered glass on one corner.)  Probably should put a screen lock on it.

sam.spoons:
I can never understand why they don't make them waterproof, the whole thing is glued together so it shouldn't be that hard. Several smartphones now offer this feature (waterproof to IPX7) and you can buy a marine VHF that is waterproof from around £50 so it can't be that expensive to implement.

Wynnd:
Very good points and you can get a waterproof transparent case or in a hurry just use a large zip-lock bag.

sam.spoons:
I have a waterproof iPad case for wet outdoor gigs, the touch screen works fine throughout the case. Decathlon (the EU sports retailer) do a waterproof smartphone case (a sort of budget 'aqua pac') for about £6 I use them as an extra layer of protection for my GPS when sailing or windsurfing. Not sure I'd trust my iPhone to one for a 'full immersion' activity but it's fine for rain/beer protection on outdoor gigs.

Wynnd:
My Wife and I went to Honolulu to my Nephew's wedding and while there wading in the surf, my cell phone dropped out of its holster into the ocean.  Got the cell phone and figured that the most dangerous part was the salt water so went back to the hotel rinsed the hell out of it in fresh water, shook off the excess and used a hair dryer to dry it out.  It went back to working.  (But had a design flaw that allowed the battery pack to swell with age and no longer make electrical contact. Iphone is so much better, but don't drop it in the ocean.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version