Author Topic: DL1608 for sale  (Read 14573 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: DL1608 for sale
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »
Beer-proofness is a must in the venues I do LOL. I have the MIL spec Griffin Survivor cases for both my second iPad 2 and mini - in matching colors even :) .

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 11:12:40 PM »
My Wife and I went to Honolulu to my Nephew's wedding and while there wading in the surf, my cell phone dropped out of its holster into the ocean.  Got the cell phone and figured that the most dangerous part was the salt water so went back to the hotel rinsed the hell out of it in fresh water, shook off the excess and used a hair dryer to dry it out.  It went back to working.  (But had a design flaw that allowed the battery pack to swell with age and no longer make electrical contact. Iphone is so much better, but don't drop it in the ocean.)

My wife dropped her iPhone 3GS into the toilet last year, I rinsed it and put it in silica gel to dry it out but the display died. I got a new display fitted and it worked for a few days then stopped making calls so we replaced it (with a 5C) but continued to use it as an iPod. this week, out of the blue (and around 12 months later) the battery started swelling up, completely destroying the phone (the case/screen opened up like a clam shell).

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 11:25:19 PM »
My Wife and I went to Honolulu to my Nephew's wedding and while there wading in the surf, my cell phone dropped out of its holster into the ocean.  Got the cell phone and figured that the most dangerous part was the salt water so went back to the hotel rinsed the hell out of it in fresh water, shook off the excess and used a hair dryer to dry it out.  It went back to working.  (But had a design flaw that allowed the battery pack to swell with age and no longer make electrical contact. Iphone is so much better, but don't drop it in the ocean.)

My wife dropped her iPhone 3GS into the toilet last year, I rinsed it and put it in silica gel to dry it out but the display died. I got a new display fitted and it worked for a few days then stopped making calls so we replaced it (with a 5C) but continued to use it as an iPod. this week, out of the blue (and around 12 months later) the battery started swelling up, completely destroying the phone (the case/screen opened up like a clam shell).

Did you look to see if there was a baby ipod inside? :eek:

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 11:37:18 PM »
Can you say “Alien”? Where’s Lt. Ripley when you need her?  :laugh:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2015, 12:01:44 AM »

Did you look to see if there was a baby ipod inside? :eek:
:lol:.... there wasn't  :(

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2015, 09:20:42 AM »
I got an email from I fixit and it suggests that screen changes and transplants could be prevented in future versions of i devices.?

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2015, 08:32:06 PM »
I got an email from I fixit and it suggests that screen changes and transplants could be prevented in future versions of i devices.?
I wouldn't bet on that.
They trying to sell you something like a warranty or insurance?
Except Apple can magically make it out of one piece there will be individual components.
If there are components they will need assembled. If they have to assemble it, it  most likely can be dis-assembled.
That's my 2p worth👍😉
The older I get, the better I was!