Author Topic: Dante card for DL32R  (Read 6282 times)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
The older I get, the better I was!

thedrums

• Youngling
Re: Dante card for DL32R
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 10:29:36 PM »
Will this enable DL32R users to run Waves Multirack?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 03:56:57 AM »
Anyone find a price on the card yet?
When in doubt KISS

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 09:45:34 AM »
Seems odd to bring out something as high end as Dante when the software's still effectively in beta and the reverbs sound like something out of a Christmas cracker! I think Mackie have got their priorities wrong.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 01:56:05 PM »
Seems odd to bring out something as high end as Dante when the software's still effectively in beta and the reverbs sound like something out of a Christmas cracker! I think Mackie have got their priorities wrong.

Right On!  :thu: :thu:  :lol:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 03:24:55 PM »

Totally freakin agree about the reverbs, horrid metallic after-taste if you allow any trail. I really wish they'd figure that out, given that virtually every other digital mixer out there has a verb that I find useful (even the damned LS9, used one with an acoustic duo the other day and the hall verb worked just fine).

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 03:56:32 PM »
The DL would have to be Core compliant which is unclear at this time. What functionality included in the Archwave USB is not explained. Maybe Mackie support can answer that. :lol:
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 04:41:21 PM »
The DL would have to be Core compliant which is unclear at this time. What functionality included in the Archwave USB is not explained. Maybe Mackie support can answer that. :lol:

Considering that the DL series relies exclusively on iDevices to even work, it would be common sense that they were Core Audio Compliant. But in the real world? Mackie support may be forthcoming if you ask nicely?  ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:45:52 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 01:03:00 AM »
I'm not that familiar with Dante, and have never used it. So, at the risk of sounding stupid, what would you use this for on the DL32R? Could it be used to send your LR signal to Dante enabled powered speakers throughout the venue over the network?
Mackie Junkie

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 07:31:00 AM »

Considering that the DL series relies exclusively on iDevices to even work, it would be common sense that they were Core Audio Compliant. But in the real world? Mackie support may be forthcoming if you ask nicely?  ;)
Never heard that Mandolin was core compliant. If they finally toss it and go to AES67 or Dante that would be a step in the right direction.
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 07:39:17 AM »
I'm not that familiar with Dante, and have never used it. So, at the risk of sounding stupid, what would you use this for on the DL32R? Could it be used to send your LR signal to Dante enabled powered speakers throughout the venue over the network?
Yes that would be possible but an expensive solution and if limited # of speakers Bluetooth or PurePath would be far cheaper.
When in doubt KISS

cigame

• Youngling
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 08:30:41 AM »
You can use playback from an iPad /iPhone connected with Camera adapter cable via return 1-2

Wintage

• Initiate
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 09:23:09 AM »
The DL32R can run Multirack superbly over USB like any other compatible interface. I ran a field test yesterday at a concert. You don't need Dante for this, but it is a nice option to offer. No issues what so ever, and no noticeable latency (dependant on your computer) when running on all vocal channels on the show.
So yeah, it works ;-)