Author Topic: My Fader 3.0  (Read 30571 times)

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
My Fader 3.0
« on: February 03, 2015, 05:35:12 PM »
We've got some My Fader v3.0 news.

Thanks for your patience. We know it hasn't been the most awesome experience waiting for this app to release.

Of course, our goal is to provide a stable app and we have been working hard to ensure this. 

BUT, we know there’s a good amount of you out there that need this app to get the job done. 

So, by early next week, we will release a public BETA version of My Fader v3.0. 

We’ve been working hard since we previewed My Fader 3.0 at the NAMM show in January and it is now in great shape for many of our users. 

Keep in mind that it is a BETA version, with some risk of encountering bugs, etc. So, only sign up for this release if you are willing to accept that. Tech support will be helpful for general usage questions, but will obviously not be able to fix bugs or performance issues with this BETA version. 

To sign up and get on the list, email BetaRequest@dlseries.zendesk.com

When the public BETA version of My Fader v3.0 is ready you will receive an email with download instructions. This is also the right email to use to report any bugs you come across to ensure the official release version is solid. 

Thanks again for your patience. We hope this will help most of you get up and running again with My Fader.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
Re: My Fader 3.0
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 07:06:53 PM »
Thanks for the update Ben :)
The older I get, the better I was!

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 11:44:21 PM »
I've said it once,
I'll say it again...

Thank you Ben for all you do!

Scott Waldy

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 10:33:04 PM »
OK, obviously the newest model is going to have the horsepower to run this HOWEVER, what is the least one should run? I do not have a bottomless pocketbook and I'd be buying this so others in the band could use it. SO... I was thinking like an older Ipad Mini or even an Itouch. Opinions?

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 10:49:45 PM »
FWIW MF should run on any iPad. I don't believe the BS about GPU issues or any such. The iPad is only running control signals which take far less graphic processing than a typical game.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 04:50:36 AM »
More smoke and mirrors from the Mackie marketing department. Why is this topic even permanent???
I gave it the benefit of the doubt in another thread here. http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=771.msg10411#msg10411
It really deserves less. BenO do you have the hutzpa to finally state the new software requires a Lightning connector version of the DL and a recent iPad to function reasonably well? Is that the reason behind the recent rash of low prices for the 30 pin DL?
When in doubt KISS

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 06:14:12 AM »
More smoke and mirrors from the Mackie marketing department. Why is this topic even permanent???
I gave it the benefit of the doubt in another thread here. http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=771.msg10411#msg10411
It really deserves less. BenO do you have the hutzpa to finally state the new software requires a Lightning connector version of the DL and a recent iPad to function reasonably well? Is that the reason behind the recent rash of low prices for the 30 pin DL?
s

I have an ipad2, dont know exact what i did but , with mf3.0.1 and 3.0.2 id dont have any lag any more, used it yesterday an a live gig: not problems, and using the 30pin connector dl1608
Why all the negativety wk ????

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 06:44:51 AM »
I think WK is trying to get us to toss our DLs and purchase Behringers.  I'm done purchasing mixers.  (Possibly for the rest of my life.  Can't do this forever.)

Sir Krang

• Padawan
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 07:50:27 AM »
I've tried MF3.0.2 on my wife's iPad 2 and there is noticeably less lag in the PEQ. Not perfect. But useable now.

Mackie musta fixed something.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 08:08:43 AM »
I think WK is trying to get us to toss our DLs and purchase Behringers.  I'm done purchasing mixers.  (Possibly for the rest of my life.  Can't do this forever.)
Nah just the Brooklyn bridge. Case you haven't figured this out yet it's a real high maintenance product. Nobody I know wants you to sell your DL.
When in doubt KISS

Sir Krang

• Padawan
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 08:38:42 AM »
I think WK is trying to get us to toss our DLs and purchase Behringers.

Off topic..kinda. I work for a local band that is made up of friends from past bands, who used to use my services regularly back in the 90's

Not as much money being paid by venues anymore so they asked me to put together an inexpensive PA system so they didn't have to hire one for every gig.

The dollars they specified only allowed me to buy Behringer speakers.

Long story short, we've done several dozen trouble free gigs with the Behringer gear. We are all surprised at the reliability.. So far.
None of us thought we'd get this much work from the Behringers without at least some kind of issue.
It only took 4 gigs to cover the cost of the PA gear, leads, mixer, etc.

No they don't sound fantastic. But they do sound perfectly ok for the gigs we are doing though.

I even own 3 pieces of Behringer gear, and the only issue I had was with the GEQ power supply which died well within warranty and has be rock solid since repair.

The two Behringer Eurolive B215A speaker cabs I have get used for drum fill and they absolutely rock!
Every drummer I've used them for has said they are the best drum fill they've ever had.

And if I blow 'em up it doesn't matter much coz they were cheap as chips in the first place.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 01:29:59 PM »
That was agedhorse's point.  If a Behringer product fails, plan on purchasing a replacement instead of repairing it.  Cheap up front.  Might not stay that way.  So out of the 3 Behringer products that I've owed.  1 failed, 1 I gave away and my cable tester I use regularly.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 01:51:13 PM »
BenO do you have the hutzpa to finally state the new software requires a Lightning connector version of the DL and a recent iPad to function reasonably well?
Works fine on my iPad 2
Is that the reason behind the recent rash of low prices for the 30 pin DL?
Maybe because they don't make 30 pin iPads anymore so are selling off this now obsolete inventory :facepalm: ? I suppose they could convert and repackage them but it's probably more profitable to just discount them.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 11:21:18 PM »
Obviously there’s still a big discrepancy between experiences with MF 3.X on older iPad models. I upgraded my iPad 2 to Master Fader 3.0.2 and there was no improvement over 3.0.1. Actually 3.0.1 was a little better IMHO.

I then updated the DL to the new firmware, and ran MF docked. The fader lag was still there. I then removed the iPad and ran it wirelessly. Just the same. I can use it if I am careful when running it live. It looks like I am going to have pony up for a new iPad soon to keep up with future Master Fader updates.  :(
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:23:51 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

halcomblighting

• Initiate
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 09:54:45 AM »
I have a dl32 and it connected to my ipad and started the firmware update and then my ipad died from not charging it. problem is I can't connect now to dl32 its like it has frozen up. any suggestions.