Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

My Fader 3.0

<< < (4/17) > >>

sam.spoons:
Try a factory reset, (force update) follow the procedure on page 8 of the manual. This may or may not work, it's very important not to interrupt an update as it may corrupt the firmware eprom. Don't update over wifi, do it wired, and make sure the iPad is fully charged before doing an update is the usual advice.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on February 14, 2015, 05:32:02 PM ---Don't update over wifi, do it wired,
--- End quote ---
And how exactly does one do that with a DL32R? ;)

MrDOS:
"Wired" - lotsa' coffee?   Lol

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on February 14, 2015, 05:35:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: sam.spoons on February 14, 2015, 05:32:02 PM ---Don't update over wifi, do it wired,
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Ah...... I just read the manual  :-[ There's no wired iPad connection is there. That's distinctly dodgy, you know maybe I'm turning into WK but that would give me the screaming heebie-jeebies. I've had situations where the wifi was dodgy and being able to plug the iPad in was a gig-saver.

Ok, delete the line about plugging in in my earlier post, but, definitely make sure the iPad is fully charged ond/or plugged into it's charger before updating.

WK154:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on February 14, 2015, 07:05:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: RoadRanger on February 14, 2015, 05:35:56 PM ---
--- End quote ---
Ok, delete the line about plugging in in my earlier post, but, definitely make sure the iPad is fully charged ond/or plugged into it's charger before updating.

Ah...... I just read the manual  :-[ There's no wired iPad connection is there. That's distinctly dodgy, you know maybe I'm turning into WK but that would give me the screaming heebie-jeebies. I've had situations where the wifi was dodgy and being able to plug the iPad in was a gig-saver.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Being like me Sam would only make you wiser and older. :) Best to re-read pg. 8 and 11 of the manual  and revise the advise. Are you doubting Mackie? ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version