Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

My Fader 3.0

<< < (5/17) > >>

Wynnd:
Don't like to whine, but really, how hard would it have been for one of those USB connections in the back of the DL32R to be useable for direct wire connection to the ipad?   It's not like Mackie doesn't know how to do that.  (Just exactly like on the Dl1608)  I'm with the others suggesting that being able to have a wired connection is a good thing at least for updating the firmware.  (And as a backup to any wireless problems.)  I had my airport express fry in the middle of a show.  (Replaced under warranty.)   Do DL32R owners need to carry a spare?  (Probably a good idea without a wired option.)

sam.spoons:
+1 here for sure  ::)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 17, 2015, 02:21:37 PM ---Do DL32R owners need to carry a spare?  (Probably a good idea without a wired option.)
--- End quote ---
I carry a spare router with my DL1608...

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 17, 2015, 02:21:37 PM ---Don't like to whine, but really, how hard would it have been for one of those USB connections in the back of the DL32R to be useable for direct wire connection to the ipad?   It's not like Mackie doesn't know how to do that.  (Just exactly like on the Dl1608)  I'm with the others suggesting that being able to have a wired connection is a good thing at least for updating the firmware.  (And as a backup to any wireless problems.)  I had my airport express fry in the middle of a show.  (Replaced under warranty.)   Do DL32R owners need to carry a spare?  (Probably a good idea without a wired option.)

--- End quote ---

They could also configure the Ethernet port to do dual duty as in the Berry X Series. But that would require porting MF to Mac, Windows and Android.  :eek: Probably never.  ::) In the meantime as Wynnd stated, the USB port would be the easiest to adapt and probably the less costly. Definitely needs some sort of option to connect directly to it.

dpdan:
I always have two Airprot Express routers with me on all jobs. Since I have an Allen & Heathn Qu24 that uses one, the "backup" roouter is built into the DL32R rack since my wireless receivers are in that same rack.
Basically my DL32R and it's router becomes a backup system for the QU24.

We will only need a backup when we don't have one.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version