Author Topic: NMD (New Mixer Day) Yeah I got a 1608... now what do I house it in  (Read 4176 times)

troy mcclure

• Padawan
I just bought a 1608 so I will gig with it in a cover band with powered speakers.  I need to carry it and also house the router.
What works for you?

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
Re: NMD (New Mixer Day) Yeah I got a 1608... now what do I house it in
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 04:53:54 PM »
I just bought a 1608 so I will gig with it in a cover band with powered speakers.  I need to carry it and also house the router.
What works for you?
First off, good luck with your new mixer. I've had mine over two years now and it's been great!
I use a small aluminium case, foam lined. Very inexpensive, designed to hold tools, probably available in most hardware outlets worldwide! :thu: ;)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 05:02:08 PM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 05:26:18 PM »
Me too but I went one stage further and mounted the mixer in mine with the PSU and router running off an IEC socket.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 05:39:02 PM »
It's sometimes hard to find information on subjects here, but here is one of the links to what your interested in.
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=659.0
I think about every aspect of DL and Mackie has been covered here at one time or another.
When in doubt KISS

troy mcclure

• Padawan
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 06:31:03 PM »
wK... I found it about 10 mins after I posted... I guess i am so pumped about finally pulling the trigger I didn't see it.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 07:35:48 PM »
Me too but I went one stage further and mounted the mixer in mine with the PSU and router running off an IEC socket.

Thanks Sam, you put my words into pictures. Oscar nomination for you I say :thu: ;)
These are the droids boxes you are looking for Troy.....

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 12:03:31 AM »
Thanks Sam, you put my words into pictures. Oscar nomination for you I say :thu: ;)

This one's for you after that last comment!  "These are the droids boxes you are looking for Troy..... "       Thought you might like it!
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 01:38:29 AM »
wK... I found it about 10 mins after I posted... I guess i am so pumped about finally pulling the trigger I didn't see it.
You might want to let us know where you are in your profile so that those in your country may be able to help you better.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 10:17:15 AM »
I already had a rack case that my previous MixWiz had been mounted in.  I just bought the rack mount kit and put my DL1608 in the rack.  I do prefer to have my wireless mic receivers already hooked up.  As well as having airplay hooked up.  I use it for testing the system and I also carry two DriveRack PXs and a DriveRack PA in the stack too as well as two stereo amps.  (One is still a heavy old style.  Gotta replace that sometime.   Getting way too old to be hauling 100+ pound racks.  Weight was one reason for going to the DL.) 

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 10:26:07 AM »

This one's for you after that last comment!  "These are the droids boxes you are looking for Troy..... "       Thought you might like it!
I need one of those fader knobs KM! :lol: