Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

My First Impressions with MF 3.X and the DL1608. If You're Interested?

<< < (6/6)

Rdmitch:
I have tried the writing apps like INKredible and they do work but its hard to draw straight lines and thin enough lines to represent wires.  The stylus pens are to temperamental. I guess I could do the diagram on paper then take a picture and save the picture.  Just thought an app might be floating out there.

Also..there are tons of free apps with DB meters and room EQ meters that help get some room levels. Plus they look cool on the iPad

Keyboard Magic:
We need an app to help us find those hard to find apps!  :laugh: Those free apps are really cool, but some annoy you with ads at the wrong moments sometimes. Still cool though and enough to help you decide if you want to buy the full versions.  ;)

Keyboard Magic:
If anyone is interested, here's a hopefully not overly long update as of today. (no pun intended)  ;)

First gig with the 1608 and MF 3.0.1. (Elementary School Dance) Right out of the gate, there was a significant change in the Vintage high EQ (treble) on my audio playback channels 15 & 16 linked. It was very noticeable from my powered speakers. I actually had to roll of the high end by about -3 dB as opposed to MF 2.X where the high EQ was fine at center. Not a big deal since I was able to compensate for it. I wasn’t aware of the new update, 3.0.2 as of my gig. I’ve now updated and will test it next chance I get with my sound system to see if the patch has made a difference.

Everything else worked as expected, except the touch response on the Vintage EQ Page. To make the virtual EQ knobs turn I had to repeatedly touch/press the screen to make them turn. Could’ve been my sticky fingers, stylus, atmospheric conditions, :o dry air or my iPad screen (which was clean when I started the dance), but there was never an issue of this kind with MF 2.X. Maybe both issues are somehow related in a weird sort of way. Like I mentioned above, maybe the updated patch will do the trick?

Keyboard Magic:
Has anyone noticed that the text doesn’t always scroll on the scribble strips on a regular cycle under MF 3.0.2? Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. To make them start scrolling again, I have to send MF to the background, then call it up again. Is this normal? I don’t remember this occurring under MF 2.X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version