Author Topic: iPad 1 and Master Fader  (Read 3312 times)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
iPad 1 and Master Fader
« on: February 06, 2015, 09:08:08 PM »
I'm just in communication with a prospective buyer for my DL1608, he has an old iPad 1 so I asked him to try to load MF. The result is that iTunes says no, needs iOS7, the iPad 1 is no longer supported etc. So that appears to be that.

The next step has to be jailbreaking the iPad and seeing if somebody can break the DRM on MF2.1.1 (again, I will post a link to my copy if necessary). If anybody has a jailbroken iPad (of any flavour) perhaps they can see if it's possible to load a copy of MF2 not DRMed to their iTunes account (I may even try myself if I can make the time). As it is I've probably lost the potential sale but if there's a way to get these old but serviceable iPads working that can only be a good thing.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: iPad 1 and Master Fader
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 09:55:17 PM »
 :facepalm:

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 10:26:22 PM »
:facepalm:
Eh?
Lol?
I wasn't trying to sell you anything btw!
The older I get, the better I was!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 11:29:38 PM »
 :lol: I was trying to sell my DL1608 to a bloke who's haggling over the price and then doesn't know if he can mix on stage from it (but hasn't downloaded the MF demo) then announces he has an iPad 1 (and apologies Al*x if you read this, I'm not blaming you, I'd do the same before buying.......)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 12:15:48 AM »
:lol: I was trying to sell my DL1608 to a bloke who's haggling over the price and then doesn't know if he can mix on stage from it (but hasn't downloaded the MF demo) then announces he has an iPad 1 (and apologies Al*x if you read this, I'm not blaming you, I'd do the same before buying.......)
If you don't mind me asking, how much you looking for it Sam?
I might have a man for it, I'll make a call in the morning. :thu:
The older I get, the better I was!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 08:50:42 AM »
Cheers R. I have it advertised locally for £550 but would consider sensible offers. I have the original box and it includes the case but no iPad or router.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 02:10:40 PM »
Cheers R. I have it advertised locally for £550 but would consider sensible offers. I have the original box and it includes the case but no iPad or router.

Hey Sam, I've got a mint condition white iPad 2 30 pin, that could be up for sale. It's logged out of iCloud account and completely reset, in it's box, with the Canadian AC adapter.  But I think the shipping would be slightly cost ineffective for you though.  :( I am really thinking of selling it, to get an iPad Mini 2. I guess I should really try to sell it here first.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler