Author Topic: Is there a video showing 30 pin to lightening conversion  (Read 6643 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Is there a video showing 30 pin to lightening conversion
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 07:21:39 PM »
Fair enough, wk, I guess if it worked people would have figured it long before me,

Buying two mixers has gone out of the window since the tax man peed on my bonfire today, so at 499 + 59 euros, it's not the end of the world.

Many thanks all of you

Kevin
Hope you're not forgetting that 49 euros tray.
When in doubt KISS

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 10:15:40 AM »
I was going to glue some cardboard on the back Of the pad to be honest. Do you think that will prevent the unit being removed when locked in?

Cheers

Kev

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 03:04:36 PM »
You just need to raise the thinner iPad Air so the connectors line up, not a problem if you are going to mod the connector board anyway, the rails and lock should prevent the iPad from being removed either way.

Sir Krang

• Padawan
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 03:31:53 PM »
I don't know if this has been mentioned on this forum before, but I'll bring it up again if it hasn't.

My DL came with a 30pin dock simply because I had an old iPad 3.

I now own an iPad mini 2 which stays permanently docked, and is my main source of set break background music.

And a new iPad Air 2 which I traded my ageing iPad 3 on. It is my full time wireless connection to the DL.

Prior to this I have used an old iPhone 4 which I plugged directly into the DL's 30pin dock, but supported by a 2x4 shim of the right thickness to raise the iPhone to the correct height for the dock. It was perfect for supplying background music. I was surprised it worked when I first tried it as I thought I'd need an iPad to be compatible.
Obviously I had zero control of the DL from the docked iPhone. But it was nice to have all 16 channels free to use for actual mixing, instead of 14 channels for mixing and 2 channels sacrificed for set break music.

And with purchase of my 30pin to lightning adapter lead I could plug in anybodies iPhone for music requests also without wasting sometimes needed channels 15 & 16.

Very versatile!

Edit. The point of my post was that a slab of cardboard to raise your iDevice to the right level is a good option. Simple and free :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:34:13 PM by Sir Krang »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 03:38:41 PM »
I was going to glue some cardboard on the back Of the pad to be honest. Do you think that will prevent the unit being removed when locked in?

Cheers

Kev
The locking in part is not the concern as Sam stated but the stress on the connector is of concern. If there is some play as in the 30 pin then possibly the alignment process may help. Loosely hold paddle-board with screws, insert iPad for alignment and then carefully tighten screws to lock board. This requires the iPad removal and may shift the board. Several tries may be required and the amount of play may not be sufficient. I don't have a Air to test it but it works on the 30 pin.
When in doubt KISS

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 09:37:21 AM »
thanks very much guys, and apologies for the late response,

I really appreciate the info.

Many thanks

Kev