Author Topic: Show and Preset Backups in Master Fader 2.1.1?  (Read 2611 times)

surgesound

• Initiate
Show and Preset Backups in Master Fader 2.1.1?
« on: February 09, 2015, 08:07:39 PM »
Is there any way to back up presets and shows from Master Fader 2.1.1? I don't want to lose all my work when I update to MF3!  :eek:

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Show and Preset Backups in Master Fader 2.1.1?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 02:00:46 AM »
Is there any way to back up presets and shows from Master Fader 2.1.1? I don't want to lose all my work when I update to MF3!  :eek:

Hi surgesound;

First welcome to the forum!  :thu:

As far as MF 2.1.1 backups I’m not much help there. I think there is a way. Maybe with iTunes. The more informed members might be able to help there. I do know that when you update MF 2.1.1 to version 3.X it keeps your all your shows and I presume presets too. Once you have MF 3.X installed you can back up all this to various options.

Let’s see if I have this right:
Open MF 3.X
Look at the top where you see the “offline” icon/button
Tap it
The next screen shows your devices offline etc. At the top just like v2.X… Tap “Settings” Now you see “Default Output EQ View” Under that is “System Backup” Next to it is “Import / Export”
Tap on this….
The drop down box shows, at the top: Import from iTunes
Underneath this is Export. That’s what you want. It gives you 3 choices for backup locations.
iTunes
Dropbox
Email

I personally use iTunes.

I think that when you sync your iPad with iTunes on your laptop, it makes a complete back up of your iPad which should include everything you just saved to your iPad. All your scenes / shows and presets should now reside on your computer. After that you can back up all this to a USB Stick or external hard drive. I maybe slightly wrong on the finer points and I hope the other members here will chime in and correct me if I’ve steered you down the wrong path or add better ways to do this. But I do know that you can at least back up to your iPad from within MF 3.X for sure.

I haven't tried a restore from iTunes on my computer regarding Master Fader 2 or 3.X, but it should work if you lose everything from your iPad. I hope this is not too confusing? And like I said there's a lot of brilliant people here that can certainly help you out too. Don't be afraid to ask questions.  8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 02:01:40 AM »
When I upgraded to MF 3.x, my ipad kept all my shows.  Maybe it was a fluke, but that is what happened.  There isn't a show backup available in Master Fader 2.x.  That was one of the upgrades that occurred with 3.0.  But before you install Master Fader 3.x, fully back up your ipad and then change the name of the backup so you won't accidentally overwrite it.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 02:08:13 AM »
When I upgraded to MF 3.x, my ipad kept all my shows.  Maybe it was a fluke, but that is what happened.  There isn't a show backup available in Master Fader 2.x.  That was one of the upgrades that occurred with 3.0.  But before you install Master Fader 3.x, fully back up your ipad and then change the name of the backup so you won't accidentally overwrite it.

Wynnd,

Thank you for adding that important fact.  :thu: I knew I'd forget something!  :facepalm:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler