Author Topic: Master Fader 3.0.2 Released  (Read 13398 times)

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
Re: Master Fader 3.0.2 Released
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 08:37:36 AM »
This update definitely seems to have improved the response of the modern EQ page. Thanks BenO!

Keyboard Magic, that's a shame you seem to have major lag issues putting you off using this more in a live situation, as another iPad 2 user I seem to be lucky in that the lag has never been a bad enough to warrant changing hardware.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2015, 03:00:04 PM »
This update definitely seems to have improved the response of the modern EQ page. Thanks BenO!

Keyboard Magic, that's a shame you seem to have major lag issues putting you off using this more in a live situation, as another iPad 2 user I seem to be lucky in that the lag has never been a bad enough to warrant changing hardware.

ijpengelly

Thanks, I appreciate your concern.  8) I think the added Trim and other new features do outweigh the lag I am experiencing though. It might just be this particular iPad 2. It was one of the last to be sold and it is a newer one than my other iPad 2. I am replacing the older one.

At Best Buy here, they have "Trade and Save". Bring in your used devices and get a store credit towards a new purchase. I've already had it evaluated and it's worth up to $100.00. It's in excellent condition, so I'm expecting about $80.00 for it. That helps to buy a new iPad Air 2. And like I mentioned in my previous post, it is cool to get new toys. :)

I will keep the iPad 2 docked and use the Air 2 for Wireless. That way I don't have to buy a lightning tray kit or adaptor cables yet. There's a method to my madness, or Madness to my method?

Thanks again!
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 03:51:28 PM »
Anytime :-)

That's pretty decent. Would it fetch more on eBay or is that too much of a hassle?

troy mcclure

• Padawan
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2015, 05:24:58 PM »
Ipad 2 is worth about $150. best buy sells all their trade ipads on their COWBOOM website.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2015, 05:53:55 PM »
Anytime :-)

That's pretty decent. Would it fetch more on eBay or is that too much of a hassle?

Hey, ijpengelly

I have thought about E Bay. I may consider it depending what I get offered at Best Buy. Thanks for that suggestion though  :thu:

Hey Troy,

Didn't know that. I guess that's their profit margin on the trades? But thanks for the info too!  :thu:

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2015, 09:02:14 PM »
Most used gear dealers need to mark up around 100% (inc taxes) to make a living. If you think about it, if they pay $75 and sell the used iPad2 for $150, they make $75, they pay, say 7% tax ($10) need to offer a warrantee (say a 10% in warrantee fail rate = $15), pay staff and rent and insurance and all the other costs of running a business (possibly another $15-30), a total of maybe $55 on something they may have cluttering the shelves up for several months (and which may suddenly become worth half what it was when they bought it if somebody releases another new, better product) which may realise $20 profit at the end of it all (but also may only sell for $100).

OTOH ebay charge 10% on completed sales and an extra 8% if you accept payment by paypal, that means they take 18% of sale value... plus postage (which you have to pay). Assuming you sell the iPad for $140 and charge your cost of $10 postage, you'll receive $123, less your $10 postage costs so $113. It's still a huge chunk of what you sold the iPad for but a little better than the dealer. Of course if he pays you $100 it's probably not worth the gamble on good old feebay 'cos it may only sell for $120.....

kallo90

• Youngling
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 05:00:32 PM »
Quick question for all pro users . I got a show tomorrow I do not want to do a firmware update now. But when dock my iPad I have only two options offline or update. I still want to be connected and do not want to update to 3.0.2 is this possible please can anyone point me in the direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 05:13:44 PM »
The firmware on the mixer has to match the Master Fader version you are using.  You can't mix MF 2.1.1 with MF 3.0.2  So if you have Master Fader 2.1.1 on your ipad, just attach that and run that firmware.  If you have MF 3.0.1 and don't want to upgrade to MF3.0.2 use that one.  BUT if your ipad upgraded to Master Fader 3.0.2 and you don't have any other options, you will have to do the firmware update to use it.  (And remember, you can't mix Master Fader versions.  Everything has to be the same version.)  So far I haven't heard of anything in MF 3.0.2 being worse than MF 3.0.1.  (No reason to not use it if you're already beyond MF 2.1.1)   If you're already on MF 3.0.1 and can install Master Fader 2.1.1 (which is long gone from the app store.)  your mixer will have to update it's firmware to match Master Fader 2.1.1.  The firmware is always part of the App, so you don't need internet access to do the firmware update and it only takes about 5 minutes.   (Good idea to make sure you have the mixer's manual available.  It's a help file in Master Fader.  You probably won't need it unless the firmware update fails and you have to reset.  It happens, but has never happened to me yet.)

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2015, 05:22:41 PM »
If your ipad updated itself to MF3 you might just still have MF2 in your trash.

kallo90

• Youngling
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2015, 05:37:55 PM »
Thanks Wynnd for valid feedback. Let see what I can do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renoman

• Youngling
  • Loud and Clear
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 06:00:35 PM »
 WARNING! Damned thing started updating firmware mid show last night! I knew about the update and decided I'd wait to install it till after the gig. Automatic updates turned off, not logged into the gig site internet, not using my own router. Mightily pissed!
Lighter gear, fewer wires, everything on wheels!

MrDOS

• Padawan
    • Weekend hobby site
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 06:05:49 PM »
I panicked the first time my DL32R said it had to update firmware right before a show.  But it appears you do not have to be connected to the Internet for this to complete -- the update is already on your iPad, and only takes a minute or two.
Live sound/recording engineer, videographer at WoodlawnSound.com
SQL Server DBA
Bass Player

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2015, 06:25:45 PM »
updated MID-SHOW?  Sounds like you had 2 ipads and one was updated and the other one wasn't.  So I'm guessing that the docked ipad was the earlier version of Master Fader.  And when you hooked up the other ipad wirelessly, the update firmware message came up.  (Mid-show.)  Being that you can't run different versions of Master Fader on one DL mixer, updating would have tossed your docked mixer offline.  (For the rest of the show.) 

Now if one of your ipads had cellular access, it might have updated automatically. Or if you were using a WiFi with internet access, that could also happen.  (Mine isn't ever connected to the internet.)  So outside of any of those scenarios, I can't see any of this happening.  (But those few scenarios give you a lot of slip through the cracks options.)

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 10:26:17 PM »
I was messing around with the DL the other day checking out new network cables (I'd had a dud), luckily at home, everything on 3.0.2 and suddenly it announced a firmware update. I switched it off and on again and it's been OK since but not good. Imagine that mid gig. Anyone seen anything similar. Maybe I should force an update?

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 10:34:27 PM »
a firmware update to MF 3.0.2 should be fine if that's what you're running.  Asking for one if it's already installed, is weird.  It shouldn't have to install it twice, but installing it twice shouldn't be a problem.  Maybe this was just a fluke and any future firmware updates will only occur with an MF 3.X update.  (As it should be.)  I've seen enough quirks with ipads and computers in general to not freak out about anything.  (My new car just gave me a flashing check engine light and traction control off and ran like crap.  I just shut the engine off and restarted it.  Problem cured.)