Author Topic: Master Fader 3.0.2 Released  (Read 13401 times)

pytchley

• Knight
Re: Master Fader 3.0.2 Released
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 10:42:11 PM »
So your just halfway passing a big truck with another one coming the other way and your car flakes out, no problem?

Renoman

• Youngling
  • Loud and Clear
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 11:03:58 PM »
Just the one ipad fellas. I didn't realize the update was already on the pad. Must be a difficult thing to anticipate. I still say it should be when I want it, I lost the board mid song, very embarrassing, hard to imagine any executive thinking this is a good idea.
Lighter gear, fewer wires, everything on wheels!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 11:19:08 PM »
Surely the update would try to load the moment the DL/iPad are turned on? For most that would be early in the setup/system proving stage of the gig. If it randomly updates during a show that would be very worrying. Are you sure you didn't inadvertently have the iPad connected to the internet during the show?

Renoman

• Youngling
  • Loud and Clear
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 11:27:11 PM »
Not deliberately but the bar may have had an open wifi. I have never been there before and didn't authorize it.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 11:42:30 PM »
Strange that it should ask to update mid gig then as the fw must have been there from when you switched it all on.

On a similar note. I had a slightly, lets say "non-optimum" time last night, I was running PA for a charity event with four acts from a duo to a four piece electric band. I was using my X32 (DL1608 in the car as backup) and didn't take my Airport Extreme router which is set up for my X32 but used the Airport Express that usually lives with the DL. I had made the settings identical to make them interchangeable but, while the iPad connected to the Express the Airport app told me the Express needed to update and, as there was no internet (or mobile signal) at the venue, this was not possible. I managed fine running from the desk but without faders it might have been another story. The sequel is that the X32 connected back to the Extreme the moment I got it home and I then plugged the Express to the DL and fired than up with the same result (and no update request)!

Renoman

• Youngling
  • Loud and Clear
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2015, 11:47:26 PM »
That no dock stuff spooks me.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2015, 12:04:08 AM »
Strange that it should ask to update mid gig then as the fw must have been there from when you switched it all on.

On a similar note. I had a slightly, lets say "non-optimum" time last night, I was running PA for a charity event with four acts from a duo to a four piece electric band. I was using my X32 (DL1608 in the car as backup) and didn't take my Airport Extreme router which is set up for my X32 but used the Airport Express that usually lives with the DL. I had made the settings identical to make them interchangeable but, while the iPad connected to the Express the Airport app told me the Express needed to update and, as there was no internet (or mobile signal) at the venue, this was not possible. I managed fine running from the desk but without faders it might have been another story. The sequel is that the X32 connected back to the Extreme the moment I got it home and I then plugged the Express to the DL and fired than up with the same result (and no update request)!
Yea that's Steve from the grave still working his magic. I don't understand why you didn't check the combo out before doing any work. ;)
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2015, 12:48:01 AM »
My 2014 Sienna wasn't going to pass any trucks with the check engine light flashing.  I'm guessing there's a minimum operation level that the fuel injection / valve timing kick into and there isn't much power there.   Restart and a couple of miles traveled and all 266 Horses came back to life.   Weird crap happens with computers.  By the way, bought the car in October and it's still about 2K short of its second service and first oil change.  (My previous 1999 Sienna was totaled in an intersection.) 

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2015, 08:53:38 AM »
Surely the update would try to load the moment the DL/iPad are turned on? For most that would be early in the setup/system proving stage of the gig. If it randomly updates during a show that would be very worrying. Are you sure you didn't inadvertently have the iPad connected to the internet during the show?

Mine had been running docked and undocked for some time (testing network cables). Update came during a re-dock.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2015, 09:29:10 AM »

Yea that's Steve from the grave still working his magic. I don't understand why you didn't check the combo out before doing any work. ;)
Yup, hindsight is 20-20 and knuckles have been rapped (mine in this case,). In my defence I had run the X32 with the Express before I bought the Extreme an all had been fine. TBH I had intended to use the DL with the X32 as backup but changed my mind at the last minute, hence not taking the X32's router. Im pretty sure the non-connection was an X32/DL quirk not Apple in this case.

troy mcclure

• Padawan
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2015, 05:23:26 PM »
I was at an 8 band benefit yesterday. they were using the 32r.  5 band in the ipad freezes and the guy who owned the board freaked out.  I was sitting behind  him and I said did you try restarting it... Thanks to this forum I knew more about his 32R that he owned for 8 months then him.  He called me on the ride home and confirmed that the ipad had been used for facebook in between sets so it was on wifi at the bar, it forced 3.02.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2015, 05:34:28 PM »
You must always have automatic updates turned off if you are using an iPad for anything mission critical like mixing a show. It's been mentioned countless times on here and on various other forums. Several people have been forced into MF3 when they didn't want to and been unable to go back (it is possible to revert under certain circumstances, info here) because they didn't turn off auto updates.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:37:31 PM by sam.spoons »

Renoman

• Youngling
  • Loud and Clear
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2015, 06:04:25 PM »
Dirty old Facebook, that's the key! Thanks so much.
Regards,

Wiliam

redwood

• Padawan
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2015, 01:42:04 PM »
Used it for rehearsal night before last and the EQ response time is much better.

Thanks very much indeed.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2015, 01:51:34 PM »
I've just updated to MF3.0.2 as I have a gig tonight using another DL which is on V3 so I thought a bit of familiarisation would be a good idea. It is much improved from the previous incarnation, lag has all but gone even on the PEQ page, happy days  ;D I'll be able to take my own iPads with me as backup too.