Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

All but eliminated the disconnect issue - fingers crossed

<< < (3/4) > >>

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: dpdan on February 15, 2015, 04:34:21 PM ---Last night, I was mixing on a DL1608 for a band that has all their own gear.
I sat right next to the DL1608 which was next to the stage using the guitarist's iPad to roam and mix.
The docked iPad lost and resynced many many times in the period of theee hours,
ironically, the iPad in my lap running wirelessly with an Apple Airport Express never lost sync once.

Go figure, the docked iPad was the flakey one  :(

--- End quote ---

It was your lap that did the trick.   ;) Have to remember that one just in case. :)

WK154:

--- Quote from: robmcl on February 15, 2015, 04:50:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on February 15, 2015, 04:58:27 AM ---I really don't think we need another Sync thread, it's been beat to death. Check here    http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=498.msg3796#msg3796
It's a Mackie problem they haven't been able to solve in over two years. :o

--- End quote ---

Wow...pardon me.
I did see the quoted thread but noted that after 15 pages that discussion was no closer to a solution.   Guess my excitement got the best of me.
Signing off now

--- End quote ---
You're pardoned  ;). If you've read the 15pgs. and the 3 or 4 other threads on the subject you would have seen your hoped for solution several times, even I declared it solved after a week not 4 hrs only to have it bite me in the butt the following day. Welcome to the optimists club. There are only 2 solution paths to this, one is obviously to fix the defective software and the other would be to eliminate the hardware trigger that set this in motion. Both have Mackie written all over it for a solution.
P.S. The third solution is obvious.

Wynnd:
dpdan - note that it has been reported that the charging power supply for a docked ipad is marginal and if your ipad is in need of a charge, you might experience several undesired behaviors.  Since that was reported, I make sure my docked ipad 2 is fully charged first.  No problems since.

dpdan:
the docked iPad was charged 100% and was fully charged and read 100% when the gig started.

Wynnd:
Glad you were that aware.  Indicates that you are a through observer.  (Definitely better than I am.)  We need more users like you catching every characteristic of any quirks.  Glad you're here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version