Author Topic: New Hope for Apple  (Read 15401 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: New Hope for Apple
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 05:08:43 PM »
I don't see it as a war.  You can have cheap with Android or good with Apple.  You can get infected apps with Android or tested ones with Apple.   Apple does indeed have a walled garden to pick apps from, but it's so huge.  Android doesn't have a walled garden for picking apps and I don't think they test the apps for any level of functionality.  (Or even to verify they're virus free.)   I can see most people needing about 50,000 apps to pick from.  Apple's smaller choices is still over 1,000,000 apps.  Lot of stuff out there that nobody needs.  And as my Son pointed out, Apple apps cost more.  (Usually a buck or two more than the Android versions.)   I'm not afraid of spending money in the right place.  I do like apps that allow a short term test before committing to it.  Bought a $10 app for cueing effects and songs during the theater shows I do.  It's been useful.  (And it has a few kinks too.)
Would you prefer it to be called competition so as not to offend your sensibilities ? You need to get your head out of the sand. The App builders are for a large part providing both iPad and Android apps and some even PC and Mac versions. To label Android cheap and infected and Apple good and by your measure the only place to spend your money is plain naive. I for one am tired of seeing fan-boy rhetoric. Let me do your math for you.

Non-fanboy opinions = whining
Facts and reality = negativity
Fan-boy rhetoric = I can feel good about Mackie now.

That's tiring so get of your soapbox and tell us something interesting that will make this mixer's use better or avoid it's pitfalls.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:16:29 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 05:57:44 PM »
Uh, I sort of meant it as a comparison to Star Wars, for us that remember the original Star Wars, and iOS 9 will be the new hope. No derogatory insinuation was intended at all. Positive spin. iOS 9 is the answer to cleaning up iOS 8.X, just like Wynnd  stated and I quote “Was reading that iOS 9.x was likely to be a clean up the bugs and make iOS 8 work better upgrade” end quote. “HOPE”

I think I just started Cacophony Forums first Star Wars. Remember Han shot first!  ;) Should’ve stayed in bed today, I think.  :facepalm:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 06:04:02 PM »
OK, everyone, lower your light sabres and no one gets hurt.  :lol:
Mackie Junkie

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 06:24:00 PM »
OK, everyone, lower your light sabres and no one gets hurt.  :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 07:09:44 PM »
I really liked the "New Hope" reference.  (Though I thought that was Chapter IV in the Star Wars saga.)   I realize that anything an ipad can do, an Android tablet can do to and vise versa.  Apple does provide a layer of protection that I don't see from the Android app store.  (Hope I'm wrong about that.)  My Wife's Android phone was only 2 months older than my iphone 4S.  It had two battery replacements and the 4S was still on the original battery.  We're both fairly high end users who met studying Computer Science in 1979.  It's been a geek household the whole time we've been together.  I was a PC/Network tech with a CNA and A+ certification.  And I hated having to use that Android phone.  Seemed like everything was hard to find.  And boy was She pissed when it upgraded OS and everything had moved.  (Never seen an ios update move any apps.)  She wasn't hesitant about using my iphone.  I ran from her phone.  (That doesn't really prove anything except I found that phone to be a pain.  We had previously both had Palm phones.)  While her Android started rebooting with every phone call, my iphone 4S continues to work just fine, but She needed an upgrade.  So we got her an iphone 6+ and I got an iphone 6.  (Will be keeping the 4S for My Fader and the DL1608.  Might actually change out the battery next year.)   That's my sad tale.

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2015, 07:15:23 PM »
Ahh, yes, the good Palm phone. I had a Palm Treo, and loved it. I used that phone for over 5 years, without any issues. I miss that phone.

I have an android phone, and I agree that the quality can be all over the map. I had a Motorola android for several years, and it sucked. I now have a Samsung Galaxy S5, and I love it.

BTW, what do you call the security guards who work outside a Samsung store? Guardians of the Galaxy. :lol:
Mackie Junkie

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 07:38:29 PM »
BTW, what do you call the security guards who work outside a Samsung store? Guardians of the Galaxy. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2015, 07:58:58 PM »
Just because I threw something up that may impact your DL doesn't mean that I agree with the article and their opinion. That would be boring. I do however believe that Apple will have to meet the competitive challenge or they will loose more market share. This however may not be important to them based on past track records. So yes this fall may be quite interesting. May the Force be with you.
P.S. I did know a different Wynnd in the past. ;)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:03:02 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2015, 08:14:10 PM »
Guardians of the Galaxy. :lol:
:lol: Michael, I nominate you for the Official Forum Jester  ;)

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2015, 09:56:22 PM »
This however may not be important to them based on past track records.

Well lets hope Cupertino gets it right by version 10 if necessary for the iCar https://www.google.com/search?q=apple+car&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS572US594&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=861&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=rETmVJ6nNoqryQTJ14EI&ved=0CEYQ7Ak&dpr=0.9

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2015, 10:12:29 PM »
This however may not be important to them based on past track records.

Well lets hope Cupertino gets it right by version 10 if necessary for the iCar https://www.google.com/search?q=apple+car&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS572US594&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=861&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=rETmVJ6nNoqryQTJ14EI&ved=0CEYQ7Ak&dpr=0.9
I knew there was an ulterior motive for Apple to do the one year cycle for iPad's and iPhones and that was to get you prepared for the iCar :lol:
Detroit has long time ago conditioned most the rest of the world for a yearly intro to their new toys. Apple just took a page from that playbook since a phone is now almost as essential as the car. Get used to it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:14:35 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2015, 12:05:15 AM »
I have to say guys that ios8 has not given me any problems that I can think of just now. Of course that doesn't mean other people are as lucky. Perhaps at this stage of the phone wars, the lines have been set with only a few defectors switching sides. I've picked my side and there's nothing that I can think of that would make me buy Android. The finer technicalities of processor vs processor vs screen res has very little bearing on all but the few.
Tbh, I'm looking forward to the Apple Watch and the Wrist Fader app launch Q4 this year....
I think Apple will be ok, they might just make it through to the end of the year.
Btw, isn't all this new tech fantastic?
The older I get, the better I was!

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2015, 02:55:14 AM »
I want Apple to do well. Some of my IRAs are in Apple Stock.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2015, 04:01:13 AM »
I want Apple to do well. Some of my IRAs are in Apple Stock.
You don't  really want an answer to that.  ;D
When in doubt KISS

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2015, 04:54:50 AM »
Imagine MasterFader or Presonus RM app scrolling on an iWatch ! :facepalm: