Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

IPad Air 2 Does the Trick with MF 3.X. In My Perception

<< < (10/10)

sam.spoons:
If I'm playing electric guitar I much prefer to have just my vocal my monitor, spill from the other singers monitors is enough to balance and pitch from. Acoustic stuff then I have some guitars in the monitor as well.

This is indeed a well derailed but evolving and, as KM, says interesting thread. Thumbs up for "topic creep"  :thu:

Wynnd:
Thats one reason I love low volume bands.  Besides not having to turn my hearing aids off, I can hear everything on a small stage setup.  You don't need to run just about anything through monitors.  (I've setup an IEM with my hearing aid frequency boost.  Haven't used it out yet.)   In my one group that seems stuck in the garage, we don't use monitors at all.  Just FOH in the backline and I've walked in front of one of the satellite speakers wearing a live headset mic without any feedback.  (About 2 feet away.)  Life is so good at these levels.  (And really, I've got two more PA systems that can be used to run the sound louder out front if it is really needed.)   None of this stuff is concert level equipment, but while I do outdoor gigs, nothing has required more coverage than 5000 people on a flat field.  That was general PA for a First Nations group.  Those people know how to bring a crowd!  (Great speeches too.)  For music it's usually a patio or on occasion the Greek Theater in Civic Center Park.  (125' across with elevated stage.)  I can get around 90 dbc on the far side.  (That really is enough.) OK done ranting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version