Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

IPad Air 2 Does the Trick with MF 3.X. In My Perception

<< < (2/10) > >>

Wynnd:
Dreaded FEEDBACK?  Only an issue in loud bands without any type of feedback killer.  I'm using DriveRack PX for that and I really prefer much lower volumes.  Most of the time, I don't bother even setting up the anti-feedback.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 20, 2015, 03:23:54 AM ---Dreaded FEEDBACK?  Only an issue in loud bands without any type of feedback killer.  I'm using DriveRack PX for that and I really prefer much lower volumes.  Most of the time, I don't bother even setting up the anti-feedback.

--- End quote ---
Where's the Wynnd I used to know??? Feedback is from bad mic placement and poor room acoustics not from loud bands!!!!

Wynnd:
I'm betting loud bands is the primary source of feedback.  Yes the vocal should be above the guitars, drums, bass, horns......   But in a loud band it becomes impossible indoors.  Easiest and best way to cure that problem is for the musicians to back way down.  I know that really pisses some musicians off, but not mature intelligent ones.  (The ones who recognize that drowning out the vocal can be their fault.)    OK, I get the joke.  Got to admit that bad speaker placement can cause their own problems.  (And I can easily think of many examples where that is what happened with great equipment and screwed up the coverage.)

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 20, 2015, 04:50:24 AM ---I'm betting loud bands is the primary source of feedback.  Yes the vocal should be above the guitars, drums, bass, horns......   But in a loud band it becomes impossible indoors.  Easiest and best way to cure that problem is for the musicians to back way down.  I know that really pisses some musicians off, but not mature intelligent ones.  (The ones who recognize that drowning out the vocal can be their fault.)    OK, I get the joke.  Got to admit that bad speaker placement can cause their own problems.  (And I can easily think of many examples where that is what happened with great equipment and screwed up the coverage.)

--- End quote ---

My primary gig location is in a school gym, all concrete block walls. Ugghh! I don't get feedback too often, but sometimes it's just on the edge. Of course the acoustics change when the room fills up with noisy parents that talk through performances AND you have to push the levels so their kids can be heard from the stage.  :facepalm: Just a real treat. That SM58 wireless mic has pretty good feedback rejection until someone walks in front of a speaker with it.  :eek:

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 20, 2015, 02:40:37 AM ---That sounds a bit like it's trying to save energy.  Almost sleeping?  I've run into that.  Is there a performance mode on an ipad?  If there were, it would be the one to reach for.

--- End quote ---

Oh I miss Turbo Mode :laugh: Too bad there's not one on the iPad.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version