Author Topic: problem after update?  (Read 18328 times)

feedback50

• Youngling
Re: problem after update?
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2015, 03:09:03 PM »
I've seen similar erosion of corporate institutions whenever the founders loose control of the decision making process. The original vision and passion disappears and the focus shifts to short term gains, reduced costs, vague mission statements, and spread-sheet-based decisions made by folks that have no familiarity with the products, customers, or company history (often accompanied by massively overpaid CEOs). I've seen it in companies I've worked for and it's always sad to see when its a company you have a fondness for.

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2015, 06:38:46 PM »
I've seen similar erosion of corporate institutions whenever the founders loose control of the decision making process. The original vision and passion disappears and the focus shifts to short term gains, reduced costs, vague mission statements, and spread-sheet-based decisions made by folks that have no familiarity with the products, customers, or company history (often accompanied by massively overpaid CEOs). I've seen it in companies I've worked for and it's always sad to see when its a company you have a fondness for.

Could be said that that about sums up the past 40 years worth results of hot -shot MBA whipper snappers, greedy Vulture Capitalists, and an unchecked & unbridled
Federal Reserve. But, enough of that potential flamer of a topic.
More on topic.
MG service in Las Vegas is $50 US per hour for out of warranty service on the X32/Air products, including SM component level. Was informed that there should be little to no need for main board replacements as the technology and parts exist for repair. However, in the event of a need for main CPU board swap of an X32 Rack for example, the cost of swap would come in at approximately half of the aforementioned DL1608 replacement/swap, in house, not outsourced. 
Twice the processing for half the cost. Hmmmm. :o
Anyone know the out of warranty DL32R swap/repair cost to the end user/owner? The answer to which I would suspect would be of considerable interest to current or potential owners of the DL32R. If there is info, please, share. Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2015, 07:43:16 PM »
I think virtually all professional sound and recording gear manufacturers provide a one year warranty.
With technology changing so quickly, it would be ludicrous for these manufacturers to provide a five, or even three year warranty.
The fact that forums like this exist with key people reading posts is beneficial to the manufacturer as well as the current and future customer base.

I have had good experience with Loud Technologies, and I don't believe Mackie expects to make a fortune off of over-priced parts for their products.

It is sad when a company is purchased and the new owners know nothing about the products. That is not the case with Mackie.
Dan

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2015, 08:16:14 PM »
I think virtually all professional sound and recording gear manufacturers provide a one year warranty.
With technology changing so quickly, it would be ludicrous for these manufacturers to provide a five, or even three year warranty.
The fact that forums like this exist with key people reading posts is beneficial to the manufacturer as well as the current and future customer base.

I have had good experience with Loud Technologies, and I don't believe Mackie expects to make a fortune off of over-priced parts for their products.

It is sad when a company is purchased and the new owners know nothing about the products. That is not the case with Mackie.
Dan

Ludicrous ;ˈlo͞odəkrəs/ adjective : so foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing; ridiculous

I have to figure it computes for the bean-counters at Music Group and QSC  to offer an additional two years on top of the standard one year upon product registration for their counterpart offerings. QSC has famously offered six years total on the their renowned amps. Yamaha offered seven years on the DSR line of self powered speakers. JBL is offering three years on some of the self powered speakers. Just some of the more established,prominent and heavy-hitters of the industry.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2015, 08:18:43 PM »
no doubt,
Crown also offers a three year warranty but one year is most common.
That was my only point.

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2015, 12:10:16 AM »
no doubt,
Crown also offers a three year warranty but one year is most common.
That was my only point.

Agreed that a one year warranty is probably more the norm in the Pro/MI industry, something that a wider sampling would affirm as well as less generous variations of stated and or implied warranties for parts,labor, and shipping coverage. Then there is the 30/30 coverage plan of 30 feet or 30 seconds out the door. ;)