Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Even after all this time, using a DL1608…

(1/6) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
I have to say that I still absolutely love this tech after all this time. It’s so wonderful to be able to have access to such cool gear that I setup and run wirelessly with all my iDevices. And anywhere in the venue!!  As I connect each device to the network, it joins flawlessly. So amazing indeed. I’m running with 2 iPads, the newer one is running MF 3.X wirelessly. I have the other iPad 2 playing audio tracks over AirPlay. So cool!

I am so lucky to have this tech available in this day and age. But in retrospect 10 years ago I was running a powered mixer and unpowered cabs, a 100 foot snake and thinking I was pretty lucky too, to be able to create good sound. I guess it’s all a matter of perspective. But these are great times even at any age.  The convenience alone is worth the price of admission in my books. Even after all the whining and complaining I've done on this site, I consider myself very lucky indeed, to be able to use stuff like this no matter what brand it is.  ;) 

Wynnd:
Are you glad the 100' snake is gone?   I am.  Hated putting it down and packing it up.  Now for outdoors, I just want someplace to put my ipad mini down and mix from out there.  (In the shade where I can still see the screen.)

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 23, 2015, 09:24:51 PM ---Are you glad the 100' snake is gone?   I am.  Hated putting it down and packing it up.  Now for outdoors, I just want someplace to put my ipad mini down and mix from out there.  (In the shade where I can still see the screen.)

--- End quote ---

I am glad the snake is gone and I have it stored somewhere. I haven't mixed outside yet with the iPads, but I do have one of those portable awnings to hide under. Although I think I won't mix outside until warmer weather though.  ;) I don't know how some musicians can play at winter venues though. My fingers ache at the thought.  :laugh:

sam.spoons:
Beware of the warmer weather, the first really sunny day I used the DL1608 outdoors both my iPads overheated and shut down while I was rigging the PA, 15 mins in the car with the aircon on full blast and blowing on them got them working again but keep you iPad in shade as much as possible if it's hot.

Wynnd:
Agreed that hot days require a different approach.  I've had my iphone 4S overheat and shut off and I had one of my ZXA1 satellites quit for about 30 minutes due to overheating.  (Class D amp, no heatsink fins or fan.  Class D amps don't get very hot because they avoid the partial resisting mode on their output transistors.)  Shade is your friend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version