Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Even after all this time, using a DL1608…

<< < (6/6)

Wynnd:
I should have said DUI.  I don't even know the fine for a DUI.  That is something that will never happen to me.

Rdmitch:
I side with the no drinkers. Bad enough that there are a lot a crazies already on the road and no need for one more.  At the time most of us our heading home after load out, it's close to 2-3 AM and we are police magnets. I never have more than a single beer and usually won't even finish that. I'll park myself at a nice location and have coffee or ice tea for the night.  Can't afford bad judgement calls when mixing and certainly can't afford a DWI

I can just see getting busted and hauled off to the police station, leaving my van loaded with expensive gear on the side of the road getting ready to be towed off by people,who are pleased to rid me of my possessions.
I'll save the partying for when I'm at home.

Kev tyler:
In the height of summer in Spain, when the gig is on the third floor and all ones gear is humped up stairs, I am afraid to say the first two beers barely touch the sides, but drink driving for me is a no no and that's why  after 32 years I hate doing gigs, hanging around all night drinking coke and lemonade, watching the bridal/birthday/anniversary/holiday makers get drunk, thank god for the ten minute get in and the occasional designated driver.

I love the beer umbrella idea, just another $49.99 for that I guess.

Kev

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 25, 2015, 07:31:03 PM ---I should have said DUI.  I don't even know the fine for a DUI.  That is something that will never happen to me.

--- End quote ---
In the UK a "DUI" is a criminal offence (with severe consequences) with a minimum one year driving ban and a social stigma to go with it. The limit is low, people get caught the next day/morning after.
I've nothing against booze, moderation is the key and never when driving ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version