Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Even after all this time, using a DL1608…

<< < (2/6) > >>

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 23, 2015, 10:44:24 PM ---Agreed that hot days require a different approach.  I've had my iphone 4S overheat and shut off and I had one of my ZXA1 satellites quit for about 30 minutes due to overheating.  (Class D amp, no heatsink fins or fan.  Class D amps don't get very hot because they avoid the partial resisting mode on their output transistors.)  Shade
--- End quote ---
And beer
--- Quote --- is your friend.

--- End quote ---

Keyboard Magic:
Not worrying about the iPads (Yes I actually do), I'm a shade guy for sure.  ;) "Burn and Peel" is my middle name in the summer. To quote my better half, I do a good impression of a Lobster.  60 SPF Sunblock is my number.  :lol:

dpdan:
for users of the DL1608 and DL808, I suggest not docking the iPad in hot conditions,
the DL running on extreme hot summer days, even in the shade and without an iPad charging in it's dock is creates enough heat to fry burgers.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: dpdan on February 24, 2015, 01:40:57 AM ---for users of the DL1608 and DL808, I suggest not docking the iPad in hot conditions,
the DL running on extreme hot summer days, even in the shade and without an iPad charging in it's dock is creates enough heat to fry burgers.

--- End quote ---

Good advice indeed! I've noticed that leaving my iPad docked all evening at normal room temp' leaves it quite warm to the touch when I remove it at the end of the gig. I can see it cooking on a hot summers day. What about a good sized laptop cooling pad placed underneath the DL? Power for the fans could come from a spare Apple 5 watt charger.

Wynnd:
Beer?  Not when working for me.  (Personal attitude.)  On the other hand, I quit going without a shirt years ago after having 2nd degree sun burns on my back 3 times.  Now it's probably as much to be nice to other people as to protect my overweight hide.  (Fat folks should never wear speedos.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version