Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

NEED URGENT HELP! Force update via wifi DL1608 (resolved)

(1/7) > >>

musicdan:
The dock on my DL1608 completely quit working. No audio, no power. I took the board apart to check the connectors inside and everything is tight. Unplugged and replugged and no change.

I still have connectivity via wifi so I can still use the mixer.

I'm thinking this could possibly be a firmware thing since both power and sync quit at the same time. I'm dying to push the reset button and see if everything comes back to life but I have one main concern. To my understanding, the reset button will reset the mixer back to the state it was in when it came from the factory. I would then need to update the board to the latest version of firmware (current master fader)

My question is, can I do this update over the network cable/wifi or does the iPad NEED to be docked? If it needs to be docked, I have a 50/50 chance of being completely screwed. I don't want to brick the board since it works find via wifi. I want the dock working but I can't afford this mixer to be out of service at all. Can anyone give me a straight answer on this ASAP?? At least confirm/explain what happens when you push the reset button and let me know if I can update over wifi after resetting.  The Dl32r has no dock..... so maybe?

Thanks in advance

Fluddman:
I think you can update by connecting an ethernet cable from the DL to your modem / router.

Check out the DL manual to be sure.

Cheers

Wynnd:
Yes you can use the WiFi to push out the firmware update.  Just did that about a week ago.  My ipad wasn't connecting using the dock.  Previously when this happened, I just rebooted the ipad and everything hooked up.  This time, I think the addition of the firmware update may have contributed to it.  So I updated using Wifi, then restarted the mixer and rebooted the ipad one more time and everything hooked up this time.  Might just be another hiccup.  (Getting used to running into those during setup.)

musicdan:
Thank you.
That relieves me a lot. I just didn't want to take a perfectly good working mixer and render it completely useless.
I'm going to reset it now. Hopefully this resolves my dock issue. If not, at least it's a good excuse to finally upgrade to the lighting dock :)

musicdan:
Finished the force update. Still no dock connector but still have sync with wifi.

Now I'm hoping the problem is just with the dock's PCM and not something deeper inside. A simple upgrade to the lighting connector will hopefully fix resolve this.

Thanks for the quick response to my previous question.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version