Author Topic: NEED URGENT HELP! Force update via wifi DL1608 (resolved)  (Read 11478 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: NEED URGENT HELP! Force update via wifi DL1608 (resolved)
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 01:09:21 AM »
So I'm back up and running. I didn't have a 28k resistor so I used two in series. Plugged in the board and all is well again. The two resistors have a 5% tolerance and where they don't add up exactly to 28k ohms by colour code, the two I selected ended up being a perfect 28k on the VOM.

Thanks again for all the help, especially WK154.

Good piece of detective work for sure and help from WK. Nice to save a few dollars too. Glad you got it working again!  :thu: Being electronic repair declined, would it be possible to get that board only as a replacement part in 30 pin version, instead of spending $100 CDN on a lightning tray kit? Fortunately I don't need one, but for future reference, just in case. I know you can also get the lightning dock kit for $50.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

musicdan

• Padawan
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 04:19:30 AM »
I plan on getting the lightening kit soon. I figure it will be easier to sell the Dl1608 when I upgrade to the DL32R if it has a lightening plug.

Apple came out with the lightening plug right after the DL1608 hit the shelves. I'm guessing when Mackie made the switch to lightening connector, they probably had a stock pile of 30 pin boards that never got used.

I have no idea if this is true or not, just a guess.
DL1608

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 04:26:57 AM »
Sounds likely.