Author Topic: Where are my recordings on MF 21.1.  (Read 2149 times)

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
Where are my recordings on MF 21.1.
« on: March 02, 2015, 12:45:02 AM »
I know I have seen this but after an hour of searching no luck.  I did some recordings today with my ipad which was docked.  After each recording I named it and saved it.  I can find the files with those names in the app section in itunes on my l computer when it is connected to my ipad but they are all just 4k in size and have no music.  Are the actual files elsewhere or does this feature just not work anymore?

Thanks

Chris   :eek:

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Where are my recordings on MF 21.1.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 01:20:40 AM »
Sounds like you're looking in the right place.  Problems that have occurred for others include not naming the file.  The file existed but wasn't named.  They were able to save the file when docked to their computer and logged onto the ipad in the app section.  A full 4 hour recording session on a DL1608 will result in a nearly 4 GB file.  Running Master Fader 3.0.x the default output is from the L/R output to the docked ipad.  If you undock the ipad that's recording, you may lose the file.  You cannot record if the ipad isn't recognized as docked.  You should also make sure that the docked ipad is fully charged before hooking it up.  The dock will maintain the charge, but it's marginal to recharge the docked ipad and funny things happen with the reduced voltage. 

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 01:27:16 AM »
Good catch RoadRanger.  I forgot about that.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 01:30:37 AM »
"DL1608 FAQs" is a sticky here at the top.
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=251.0

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 02:20:09 AM »
Sadly I haven't used the record since updating to 8.0 on the device and i did see that microphone thing pop up and as always said "No".  i have saved the change as well.

TY as always.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 04:14:59 AM »
In case you don't know where to go, it's  "Settings"  "Privacy"  "Microphone"  to change it.  Have fun.  This is your problem and it only exists in ios 8 and later.