Author Topic: Way to Route Itunes Playing Music Through Master Fader (Without Using a Cable)  (Read 10682 times)

takis

• Padawan
I would like to DJ music from a table let's say when we take a break.  Is there a way to link the internal iTunes player software or any other software to the DL32R?  I rather not have to use the phones out Jack of the iPad to send music to a channle to the DL32R.

Thanks

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
I would like to DJ music from a table let's say when we take a break.  Is there a way to link the internal iTunes player software or any other software to the DL32R?  I rather not have to use the phones out Jack of the iPad to send music to a channle to the DL32R.
You can send sound from an iDevice to an AirPlay Receiver and plug the output of that into your mixer. Many folks use the Airport Express router from Apple that has an AirPlay receiver in it for this :) . You can find standalone AirPlay receivers though.

No "through Master Fader" involved ;) .
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:20:49 PM by RoadRanger »

Topsøe

• Knight
I route my iphone Lighning to usb 1+2 via apple camera adaptor and a standart usb A to B cable , works just fine
If in doubt ask

workingstiff

• Youngling
I play break music from my MacBook through my mixer. I use inputs 15 and 16 linked together. I control it with Apple's Remote app with my iPhone from anywhere in the venue. Both devices have to be connected to the same wifi network. It works great. I can re-order playlists or add songs to the up next cue while sitting at the bar taking a break.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 03:51:55 PM by workingstiff »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
Another option is to use the Tango app and you can remotely play music that's on a docked iDevice from a wireless iDevice :) .

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
Another option is to use the Tango app and you can remotely play music that's on a docked iDevice from a wireless iDevice :) .
+1
Tango is great :)
The older I get, the better I was!

Sir Krang

• Padawan
And I'm another very happy Tango user. Sitting in the band room between sets I have full control over the music being played from my docked iPad, using Tango and My Fader 3 on my iPhone. Nice and simple :)

Michael Welter

• Knight
I bought an extended range Bluetooth receiver, and connect my iPad to that, and plug the receiver into channels 25 and 26 on my DL32R. The range on the receiver is excellent, and I can play music from the iPad through the system with no problems.
Mackie Junkie

Wynnd

• Master
For general music, I've been using airplay, but the nearly 2 second delay on starting isn't adequate for my theater work.  I'll check out Tango for remote usage.  (This is a situation where manning the mixer constantly isn't a problem.  I am spoiled for remote control.)

takis

• Padawan
Thanks for all of the replies... The most feasible for me< I think, is eventually buying a bluetooth reciever and connect my iPad to it through Bluetooth, and I can leave the bluetooth receiver always hooked up in the rack.  Unfortuantely, more money, and takes up a channel.

Thanks

Michael Welter

• Knight
Thanks for all of the replies... The most feasible for me< I think, is eventually buying a bluetooth reciever and connect my iPad to it through Bluetooth, and I can leave the bluetooth receiver always hooked up in the rack.  Unfortuantely, more money, and takes up a channel.

Thanks
I think it was around $60 for the extended range receiver. So it's not much money. And it's about the size of a deck of playing cards. So it doesn't take up much space, either. And it works like a charm.
Mackie Junkie

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
Thanks for all of the replies... The most feasible for me< I think, is eventually buying a bluetooth reciever and connect my iPad to it through Bluetooth, and I can leave the bluetooth receiver always hooked up in the rack.
Bluetooth is 2.4GHz, good luck with that not being interfered with by WiFi and wireless mics, etc. Airplay can run over your 5 GHz wireless, much more robust :) .

wkndwarrior

• Youngling

Thanks

If you have the DL32R, the way to do this is to simply get a small USB portable hard drive and load it up with all your music. You connect it to a port on the back. You then have full access to your music library right there on your iPad and you can remotely play music tracks from it anywhere in the venue. That is one of the great features of the DL32R. Unless I'm missing something regarding your situation, this is the simple solution to your question. Mackie has some youtube videos showing these features. 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Thanks for all of the replies... The most feasible for me< I think, is eventually buying a bluetooth reciever and connect my iPad to it through Bluetooth, and I can leave the bluetooth receiver always hooked up in the rack.
Bluetooth is 2.4GHz, good luck with that not being interfered with by WiFi and wireless mics, etc. Airplay can run over your 5 GHz wireless, much more robust :) .
That's not been my experience. As far as robustness Bluetooth uses a military developed method to avoid interception and has been since made to play nicely with WiFi. Most experiences where both were compared Bluetooth won out. AptX also has a low latency version for time critical applications.
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
Years ago, I purchased Tango. Back then, they didn't have a engine that would normalize the tracks, so I purchased LouderLogix product (Recommended from JL Jerry Lee) and have been very happy with it. They have something called ALX (Audio Level Extension) which does a fantastic job of audio leveling between tracks. They also have a cross-over configuration so that you can start fading of one tune and spin up the next. 
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"