Author Topic: If you use Apple Airplay, don't upgrade iOS to 8.2  (Read 21474 times)

Kev tyler

• Knight
Re: If you use Apple Airplay, don't upgrade iOS to 8.2
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 09:36:30 AM »
Sorry Sam

You have lost me?

:)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 11:30:10 AM »
Sir Krang posted, edited and has now deleted a post commenting on your last post.  :)

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 12:27:51 PM »
Oh right,

Thanks mate,

I love all these iOS apps, so many give you the option to change text size but don't offer the same with the transport controls,

It's crap being beaten in an eye test by mr magoo

:)

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 02:54:51 PM »
Please tell me what I'm missing here…

I have a 1608 running MF 3.0.2  I use a iPad2 that pretty much stays docked.  I have a iPad AIR and a mini-2 both running IOS 8.2.  Airplay does not work.

I have a iPhone 6 running IOS 8.2 and My Fader 3.0.2  Airplay WORKS!

???

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 02:57:07 PM »
^ i think folks are saying you can't run Master Fader and use airplay at the same time with iOS 8.2 .

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 02:58:07 PM »
I left out one more piece of info…

On all of my device I can connect to the Airport Express in my rack and stream music to it as long as the MF app is closed.  Once I open MF, it goes away.  Once I close the MF app, it restores…

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 02:59:09 PM »
I left out one more piece of info…

On all of my device I can connect to the Airport Express in my rack and stream music to it as long as the MF app is closed.  Once I open MF, it goes away.  Once I close the MF app, it restores…

IOS 8.1.3 was the same at least in my case…  EXCEPT for My Fader…now.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2015, 04:12:26 PM »
That follows my experience.  As a result, I usually play from my iphone via airplay and do all my mixing from the two ipads.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2015, 07:14:12 PM »
^ i think folks are saying you can't run Master Fader and use airplay at the same time with iOS 8.2 .

I am running the latest version of Master Fader, My Fader and iOS 8.2 and Airplay streams fine.

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2015, 08:31:02 PM »
Is there some sort of setting issue at work here?  Why do some people have success and others do not?

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 02:12:27 PM »
Just got to sit down with the DL since it was reported that AirPlay was broken with iOS 8.2 and test it. It's ALIVE!!. Sigh of relief! The DL is updated to the latest firmware and all my iToys are on 8.2. Sure I could've used alternative methods, no problem, but in my case I'm very glad it's working.

It's very puzzling that there are inconsistencies like this on the same model of DL for so many owners.  ??? I guess it depends on what production run your DL was made and what day of the week. Shouldn't be that way in the real world, but reality bites sometimes I guess.  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2015, 02:41:27 PM »
In today's world of computers, this really is the norm.  Even Apple will put improved hardware in on a production run.  Example, my June 2010 MacBook came with ilife that included iweb.  My Wife's November 2010 MacBook didn't come with that and they are exactly the same model from officially the same run.  iweb was dropped, but it's slick and functional and you don't need a HTML certification to build websites with it. 

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 02:50:03 PM »
In today's world of computers, this really is the norm.  Even Apple will put improved hardware in on a production run.  Example, my June 2010 MacBook came with ilife that included iweb.  My Wife's November 2010 MacBook didn't come with that and they are exactly the same model from officially the same run.  iweb was dropped, but it's slick and functional and you don't need a HTML certification to build websites with it.

That's quite true, should've thought about that myself. Just tired from the very recent March Break trip.  :facepalm: Need a holiday to recover from the holiday!  :laugh:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 04:09:54 PM »
Looks like I found a fix for the Airplay issue.  I had to hard reset (hold home + power/sleep till unit powers off). Had to do this on both of my iPad Air's.  The Airport Express can now be seen in Airplay selection :)
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2015, 04:12:58 PM »
Looks like I found a fix for the Airplay issue.  I had to hard reset (hold home + power/sleep till unit powers off). Had to do this on both of my iPad Air's.  The Airport Express can now be seen in Airplay selection :)

Excellent! Glad it's working again for you!  8)