Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL 1608 and 32r videos

<< < (2/6) > >>

Kev tyler:
And I agree, with the other video post script, start the soundcheck with the vocals ,

A man after my own heart

:)

dpdan:
thanks Kevin,
as most of us here know, there are so many ways to set up and mix sound. I got a kick out of just connecting a hard drive.
Last night I recorded a symphony and did video as well with 10 cameras, I am editiing the video today and
will post a video of some clips from that concert. Completely different than the "band" video.

The symphony uses a pipe organ with a 32 foot stop. The lowest pedal (C) produces a 16 Hz. pitch.
For this recording, I used my Mac laptop running Digital Performer connected to the Mackie DL32R via USB.
I used two AKG C414 XLS microphones for strings, a stereo Schoeps CMXY4V microphone for woodwinds, brass and percussion,
and  a pair of Neumann KM 184 mics for the organ.

The DL32R had no problem capturing the fundamental tone of 16 Hz.
It is so low that even if you have a good subwoofer, it probably won't faithfully reproduce the low C since most subs drop off under 28 Hz., a complete octave below.

Thanks for the nice compliments Kev!

Wynnd:
Looking forward to some of those clips.   There really isn't another instrument quite like a pipe organ.

dpdan:
Wynnd,
YES!
The King of Instruments  :)

Kev tyler:
Cheers Dan

I am not one to complain ( :lol:)but I imagine all singers hate being "requested " to attend sound check, and then have to sit through bass drum for half an hour then overheads then all the rest of it only to find that hours later after a very quick one two  that all available headroom has been zapped by everyone else in the band and you then spend the whole gig straining yourself,

No business like show  business eh mate.

Keep it coming with the vids, it's nice after years in soloville  to see people playing and hitting things with sticks etc.

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version