Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL32R question: what are the meters on the app main screen actually metering?

(1/1)

cyclops:
Hi All!
Another stupid question on the DL32R... on the iPad app, what are the meters actually metering?  The reason I ask is because I get activity on the meters even before the gain is turned up, the trims are changed, or even a cable is plugged in!!!!  When setting up the mixer with nothing plugged into the inputs, I will see levels active on the channels.  On my kick drum mic, I see full signal before I even touch raise the input gain (the mic is a Beta 52).

Is there a place to change the meters to be post gain / post trim?  It seems like they currently are pre-gain / pre-trim.

Or, do I have an issue, and need to get ahold of tech support for Mackie?

Thanks!!!!
- cyclops

Sir Krang:

--- Quote from: cyclops on March 17, 2015, 10:50:00 PM ---Hi All!
Another stupid question on the DL32R... on the iPad app, what are the meters actually metering?

Thanks!!!!
- cyclops

--- End quote ---
Not a stupid question at all. I don't have a DL32R but the the meters for my DL1608 are metering input gain like on my regular analogue mixer. Nothing plugged into those channels.

And yes I too get readings on the meters of channels with nothing plugged in. Doesn't seem to affect anything else though. Maybe a normal characteristic of this kind of mixer !?

Wynnd:
Happens on my DL1608.  I always figured it was bleed over, but I can't hear anything on those channels.  (Maybe the signal is just too low.)  Good question for Mackie.  (It doesn't affect the functionality of the mixer, so it will probably get a very low priority.)  Could just be a quirk that we have to live with.

RoadRanger:
It goes away when something is plugged in - not a problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version