Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL 32R using hard drive for backing music

<< < (12/13) > >>

Wynnd:
What I've been getting mostly lately is the music is on their phone.  This is one of those places where having airplay available has been a plus.  Because I already have a cable with the right sized phone plug feeding two channels.  The only real issue I have, is that I'm not familiar enough with each phone to operate them all.  Just taken to having the person whose phone it is turn the music on.  This has also been useful with a number of break music situations where the crowd is black.  I've got some R&B on my phone, but it's all very old school.  Mostly stuff I play and grew up with.  It wasn't right for the wedding reception.  Couple was in their 30s.  I just didn't have or even know what music would have been right.  But someone's phone had the right stuff on it.  (And that's not the only situation where this has saved my ass.)  And I don't listen to modern music much at all.  So I'm out of touch with most crowds under 45.   Playing with some younger players has introduced me to some of the new music, but I'm getting ready to start playing the "animal circuit".  (Moose, Elks, Owls, Eagles.....  My Wife's term for those clubs.)

Kev tyler:
Hi guys

I still find iTunes to have a mind of its own when dealing with m3u imports and exports,

I have a set of 259 songs compiled in Winamp, when I have to import it in to I tunes and it says 242 songs successfully imported, and then I have to run two pcs and go through the list song by song to find  which songs I tunes failed to import, etc etc.

My mate rang me last month in a panic, he wa doing pa for some bloke from benidorm who showed up on the last minute with a mini disk and no player, "superstars"

Funniest night ever, I was doing sound for myself and some river dance show, the two girls barely acknowledged me, sat as far away from me as possible and then right before their show they passed me a cd which I ran through Winamp on my laptop, just press play they said,

Ok, well I always use gap killer on playback, how was I supposed to know they had  2 minutes of silence on track two to stand static on stage and catch their breath lol.

I love the hand written notes, track three track six, then change cd, track one, when the plonkers have the cd in the wrong case.

Show business :lol:

sam.spoons:
With CDRs costing around 15p there's no excuse not to burn the tracks to a fresh CD in the correct order for every gig (or at least every time the set changes or the CD starts to look a bit dog eared).  :facepalm:

slystewart:
looking at the Denon DN 300Z rack unit 1 u  in size looks like it has all  the input needs  for music playback

Keyboard Magic:
I make sure I get the CDs from the different teachers 3-4 days before a concert. I rip the required tracks with CD-DA Extractor on the laptop, normalize them, put them into the appropriate order for the concert in iTunes and
finally into the iPod/iPad ready for the concert via AirPlay of course.  8)

For my playback app I use One Track Mind it allows me to play only one song at a time and stop when the song has played. It's a lot of work but it does save me a lot of headaches. No more 10 CD's at concert with the selections hastily written down on pieces of paper with each disc and sometimes it's the wrong song. And of course it's all my fault.  :facepalm: No more. Hurray for digital playback devices!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version