Author Topic: First gig with DL32R did not go smooth  (Read 7220 times)

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
Re: First gig with DL32R did not go smooth
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 05:28:52 PM »
OK thanks Soundbyte. Appreciate the details. We wil look into this further. While I'm glad static is working for you, you shouldn't have these issues.

Soundbyte

• Padawan
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 05:38:52 PM »
I agree!

Soundbyte

• Padawan
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 05:50:01 PM »
Use static IPs and yous guys won't have all these connection problems :) .

I agree, I only use DHCP when there is a need. It's just one more level of complexity. One could draw an analogy of wired as opposed to wireless. Wired is always going to be less of a pain in the ...

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 12:07:15 AM »
I like static IP addresses.  Will probably apply one to the mixer. 

leandroduartepy

• Initiate
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 09:06:19 PM »
Hello there! I have a problem I could not solve. I made the connection via static IP and I can not put it back in DHCP. my mixer does not connect to the iPad and does not appear again in the list of wireless devices. what do I do??

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2016, 10:27:15 AM »
Try replacing the static IP address with nothing.  The software should be smart enough to know it needs an address and request one.  (DHCP)  I have run into the ipad attaching to the wrong WiFi network.  I named my portable WiFi NoInternetHere and of course there isn't and there is a sizable password.  Make sure you're attached to the right network when you can't see the mixer.  It's gotten to the place where there seems to be 3 or more WiFi's everywhere.  It will always attempt to attach to any network it thinks it had seen in the past.  Starbuck's WiFi all have the same name.  Badly setup WiFi's frequently have the same name.....  Sometimes it helps to force it to forget a network you don't want to connect to. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:33:43 AM by Wynnd »