Author Topic: Keyboard magic hits the big 6 0  (Read 10155 times)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: Keyboard magic hits the big 6 0
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 05:57:29 PM »
Are there any "young people" on this forum? I was 62 three weeks ago, and thoroughly enjoying life  :lol:

Happy birthday BTW KM.  :thu: Beno sent you a birthday prezzie too in the form of MF Classic..... happy days.....

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 06:08:59 PM »
AARP card carrying here. So that would probably exclude me.

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 06:10:17 PM »
Are there any "young people" on this forum? I was 62 three weeks ago, and thoroughly enjoying life  :lol:
I'm only 56, so I'm a youngster here.  :lol:
Mackie Junkie

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 06:11:57 PM »

Happy birthday BTW KM.  :thu: Beno sent you a birthday prezzie too in the form of MF Classic..... happy days.....

A happy belated birthday to you!!! And thank you for the b'day wish too. I guess us oldies might have more time on our hands?  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 06:12:38 PM »
I'm only 56, so I'm a youngster here.  :lol:

You are sooo young!  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 11:01:28 PM »
Us old buggers have to stick together  :) 

Actually maybe not, my bandmates both turned 40 last year (and my sons are 34 & 37 as I type)  8)

Somebody once told me, many years ago, "you're only as old as the woman you feel"..... that makes me 59.......  :facepalm:

I wonder if it's the fact that we have less life left that makes us more determined to enjoy as much of it as possible?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:05:15 PM by sam.spoons »

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 11:25:08 PM »
Lest not forget our friend WK1154, who actually may reign supreme over all of us in carbon dating years.

Could possibly be something here that could be exploited by Mackoid Central in the form of promotional media highlighting this demographic of Dl users. Thinking caps on, creative juices flowing, maybe some canes, mobility scooters, prescription meds, hearing aids, amidst a backdrop of pints and All-Natural Grass Fed Burger Eating waitresses, all whilst futzing our crinkled arthritic extremities over iPads 3 inches from a faceplant. ;D

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 11:47:51 PM »

Lol, I'm feeling quite young now guys, thanks :)
The older I get, the better I was!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 02:46:05 AM »
Lest not forget our friend WK1154, who actually may reign supreme over all of us in carbon dating years.

Could possibly be something here that could be exploited by Mackoid Central in the form of promotional media highlighting this demographic of Dl users. Thinking caps on, creative juices flowing, maybe some canes, mobility scooters, prescription meds, hearing aids, amidst a backdrop of pints and All-Natural Grass Fed Burger Eating waitresses, all whilst futzing our crinkled arthritic extremities over iPads 3 inches from a faceplant. ;D
Thanks James, are you trying to make me feel old at a young 73? As I said before it's all in your mind. My mother-in-law at 91, we got her two balloons for her Birthday on the 18th and they kept aligning themselves as 19, go figure. :) 
When in doubt KISS

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 03:22:57 AM »

Thanks James, are you trying to make me feel old at a young 73? As I said before it's all in your mind. My mother-in-law at 91, we got her two balloons for her Birthday on the 18th and they kept aligning themselves as 19, go figure. :)
Certainly nothing of the kind with no disrespect intended, rather respect to the elder. :)

`Fraternal Order of Master Faders'..... Title of script for doc film, chock full of anarchy and debauchery committed by unrepentant elder audio techies, tie-dyes, black leathers, pony tails, mullets, and all. ;D

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 09:49:02 AM »
Have a great day KB, try and look on it as an achievement. I'll be three more than that tomorrow. :)

And happy birthday to you pytchley.

:)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 01:06:46 PM »
A big Thank You to everyone for the birthday wishes and wonderful comments. And to Kev for starting the post. It actually was the highlight of my day. Didn't do much. Cue "The Lazy Song" Had a gig in the evening. That's it. No wild parties and debauchery. Maybe next year?  :angel:

Once more thank you all!!  8)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 01:08:21 PM by Keyboard Magic »

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 04:32:41 PM »
 :) KM !

Kev might you actually be a youngster amongst  us over 50 crowd?

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2015, 09:25:38 AM »
Happy Birthday KM!

Sorry I missed it earlier. My bloody real job is interfering with my sound career.

All the best!

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2015, 10:20:08 AM »
Hi guys

And thanks James, but I am no spring chicken either 52 in September and still wondering around the neighborhood and remembering when it was all fields and orange groves.

:)