Author Topic: Master Fader Classic 2.1 released  (Read 15755 times)

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
Master Fader Classic 2.1 released
« on: March 24, 2015, 04:41:45 PM »
Hey All,
We just released Master Fader Classic for DL1608 and DL806 which is essentially Master Fader 2.1. This will be a useful for a variety of users who have a need to stay on the older version. See the blog post for details and requirements.

http://www.mackie.com/enews/products/2015/03/introducing-master-fader-classic/

We hope this is helpful.

Ben

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Master Fader Classic 2.1 released
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 04:56:10 PM »
Hey All,
We just released Master Fader Classic for DL1608 and DL806 which is essentially Master Fader 2.1. This will be a useful for a variety of users who have a need to stay on the older version. See the blog post for details and requirements.

We hope this is helpful.

Ben

Ben,

Let me be the first to say a big thank you!!!!!!  :thu: :thu:  Is My Fader 2.X going to be available to download as well?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:02:05 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 04:59:11 PM »
Thanks Ben ;)
The older I get, the better I was!

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 05:02:38 PM »
Don't know if I'll be using it, but there will be people here who will want to kiss you!   

Thanks Beno

rmcassady

• Mackie Creative Manager
  • Youngling
    • Mackie
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 05:46:46 PM »
Hey All,

We hope this is helpful.

Ben

Ben,

Let me be the first to say a big thank you!!!!!!  :thu: :thu:  Is My Fader 2.X going to be available to download as well?

My Fader v2.1 will remain on the App Store alongside My Fader v3.0. If you choose to use Master Fader Classic, you will need to use My Fader v2.1. Here's the link to My Fader v2.1 on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mackie-my-fader/id599029732?mt=8

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 05:51:05 PM »
Bloody brilliant, who says Mackoids don't listen  ;D

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 06:04:16 PM »
To rebut my statement asking about the availability of My Fader 2X, I found out that it's the only version of My Fader on the Apple Canada sight. My Fader 3 is only available on the Apple US sight. I had to use the link BenO provided to download My Fader 3.

I had to actually paste the US link into Safari to be directed to the Apple US site for My Fader 3.  :eek: But I can get Master Fader 3.X on the Canadian site.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 06:04:25 PM »
Well a welcome solution for some users, the  iOS 7.1 requirement would preclude use of an iPad 1, and would obviously exclude some users/owners of such iDevices of compatibility with the DL806/1608. Curious as to why such a requirement for this MF Classic 2.1.1 version versus the MF 2.1.1 that previously functioned fully on any iPad 1 operating under iOS 5.xx.
Nonetheless, Congrats to Mackie for responding to the market and user base.  :)   

rmcassady

• Youngling
    • Mackie
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 06:06:57 PM »
To rebut my statement asking about the availability of My Fader 2X, I found out that it's the only version of My Fader on the Apple Canada sight. My Fader 3 is only available on the Apple US sight. I had to use the link BenO provided to download My Fader 3.

I had to actually paste the US link into Safari to be directed to the Apple US site for My Fader 3.  :eek: But I can get Master Fader 3.X on the Canadian site.

I will have to have Beno check into that...

rmcassady

• Youngling
    • Mackie
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 06:08:29 PM »
Well a welcome solution for some users, the  iOS 7.1 requirement would preclude use of an iPad 1, and would obviously exclude some users/owners of such iDevices of compatibility with the DL806/1608. Curious as to why such a requirement for this MF Classic 2.1.1 version versus the MF 2.1.1 that previously functioned fully on any iPad 1 operating under iOS 5.xx.

Even though the Master Fader Classic app is essentially MF2.1, it had to be resubmitted. So, it was subject to App Store requirements, etc. We are working on a path for apps moving forward that will hopefully eliminate issues like this. But, we really wanted Classic out there, even with that compromise.

rmcassady

• Youngling
    • Mackie
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 06:51:38 PM »

Even though the Master Fader Classic app is essentially MF2.1, it had to be resubmitted. So, it was subject to App Store requirements, etc. We are working on a path for apps moving forward that will hopefully eliminate issues like this. But, we really wanted Classic out there, even with that compromise.

Not sure what happened, but we confirmed My Fader 3 available on the Canada App Store. Here's the link: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/mackie-my-fader-3/id963966072?mt=8

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 06:55:22 PM »
The search on the app store has been pretty wonky the last couple/few weeks IME.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 06:57:40 PM »

Not sure what happened, but we confirmed My Fader 3 available on the Canada App Store. Here's the link: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/mackie-my-fader-3/id963966072?mt=8

Not sure what's going on, but Google on Safari is still showing the old link to the older version. But that's okay. And a big thank you for the updated link.  :thu:

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »

And so, curious if you are under the employ of Mackoid Central ? If so, an introduction would be appropriate. Thank you
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:28:19 PM by James91104 »

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 07:08:57 PM »

And so, curious if you are under the employ of Mackoid Central ? If so, an introduction would be appropriate. Thank you

Hi James,

I presume you are referring to rmcassady ?  :) If so, I am curious too, for conversation sake.   ;)