Author Topic: Master Fader Classic 2.1 released  (Read 15777 times)

James91104

• Knight
Re: Master Fader Classic 2.1 released
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 07:30:52 PM »
Yes KM, I was referring to rmcassady.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 07:37:08 PM »
A simple "Google" of "rmcassady" gets you the name "Ryan Cassady" and a "Google" of that gets you here:
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ryan-cassady/6/a14/a

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 07:45:49 PM »
Thanks Ben! Because you listened and responded with this classic version, I am no longer interested in the competitions offerings.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 07:55:51 PM »
Yes KM, I was referring to rmcassady.

8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

rmcassady

• Mackie Creative Manager
  • Youngling
    • Mackie
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 08:27:13 PM »

I will have to have Beno check into that...

And so, curious if you are under the employ of Mackoid Central ? If so, an introduction would be appropriate. Thank you

Yep, I am the Creative Manager for Mackie and work in the Marketing group. I started with Mackie almost 10 years ago in tech support. I am pretty much the sole writer for Mackie, aside from tech docs like manuals, I do print ads, all social media and all kinds of other stuff.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 10:05:51 PM »
Thank you so much for allowing the users that desire to revert back to be able to do so.
It's really nice to see some new avenues of direct communication from Mackie & loud.

While we often rant and complain, most us here are big fans and supporters of the product. And it really
helps us justify our dedication when you (Ryan and Ben ) chime in and let us know your out here in the trenches with us supporting the product and users.  More good will is done thru communication then by any other means and its folks like us.....the end users that spread the word about products , both good and bad.
So please keep in communication with info, good or bad.
Thanks again...now if we can fix the multiple sync issues and battery drain we would be another step in the right direction. 😉

Your never to old to learn something stupid

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 10:57:46 PM »
I'm happy 'cos either I'll be able to keep my DL1608 and use it for little gigs and for 'numpties' to run (preferred choice), or, very reluctantly, sell it to other numpties for them to use (I must stress I'm using the term 'numptie' here as a benign word to describe "non-tech-savvay" musos, it's not meant as derogatory in any way whatsoever. There are many such "non-tech-savvay" musos out there and the DL offers them the chance to use the amazing facilities of a digital mixer without resorting to the "Soundscape abomination".  ;D

Rick Scofield

• Padawan
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 06:56:18 PM »
THANK YOU MACKIE!!

This really couldn't have come at a more opportune time for me.  I have a band that is changing a few members, and they use My Fader to control their In Ear mixes.  The new members have wanted to download the My Fader app, and have asked me what to do.

Until now, I was at a loss.  I currently run Master Fader 2.1.1 on both DL1608s that we use, and don't want to upgrade as there are some musos I work with who have "iPad 1"s.

Last night I was able to direct these new bandmates to the correct version of My Fader that will work with the software version I am using.

Very cool.  I am pleased.  Carry on...

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 11:44:43 PM »
I’m very pleased that there’s an option now with Master Fader Classic and My Fader 2.X. For all those that didn’t really want to switch up, or really need to go back.  I have both of these on my iPads in a new folder named DL1608 Retro, so there’s no confusion with the new versions. They are there for just in case. I don’t really see a need to go back since I like the new features in MF 3.X. Like I said before…

Good work Mackie!  8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Sir Krang

• Padawan
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 08:01:12 AM »
Hey All,
We just released Master Fader Classic for DL1608 and DL806 which is essentially Master Fader 2.1. This will be a useful for a variety of users who have a need to stay on the older version. See the blog post for details and requirements.

http://www.mackie.com/enews/products/2015/03/introducing-master-fader-classic/

We hope this is helpful.

Ben

G'day Ben. And thanks for giving the end users this option. I'm 100% sure it will be positively received.

I'm perfectly happy with MF3. Great new features, and it works smoothly on my iPad mini 2 and iPad Air 2 so I have no need to go back to an earlier version of MF.

My only concern is that the MF2 Classic version doesn't also come with the built in White noise issue that plagued some of us?

I've not had one single incident of white noise since updating to MF 3, but prior to that on MF 2 the White noise was consistent EVERY time I tried to play music from the docked iPad. Which obviously meant my 16 channel mixer was really only a 14 channel mixer.

Anyway I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for those end users who revert to MF2 Classic that they won't have to deal with the White noise thing.  :)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 11:18:55 AM »
Sounds like Master Fader Classic was recompiled and linked with the latest tools and libraries, so hopefully that makes it a bit better than it was?

Renoman

• Youngling
  • Loud and Clear
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2015, 02:41:09 PM »
I'm considering it, I find the monitors more difficult to access in version 3 and there are many items in the long board I will never use, sub groups, VCA's etc.
However, on the apple site it states that the classic version will not be upgraded or debugged, "ever", so no future improvements - we will never get a decent reverb. Not on this version.
Has anyone here gone back and if so, any issues?
Lighter gear, fewer wires, everything on wheels!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2015, 02:58:53 PM »
I was running them side-by-side last night - "classic" sure is a whole lot less Fugly. I really like the longer faders, and visible dB scales. OTOH V3 isn't any more Fugly than the X-Air app - but I'd think that Mackie would want to at least have the friendlier looking app on the DL1608 if they can't match the X-Air's other features like multichannel recording, remote control trims, HUGE selection of quality FX.

I suspect Mackie had to choose between developing an app that can support all the DL mixers or discontinuing work on a DL1608 compatible app so I guess we "lucked out" and shouldn't be whining about V3 :-\ .

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2015, 04:09:30 AM »
RR so you're saying that Mackie can't afford to develop two similar software products. Oh that poor Mackie let's all take up a collection so they can. ;)
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2015, 05:14:56 AM »
I think that Mackie's software development team isn't huge and there isn't a huge budget.  Software development, debugging and distribution isn't easy and it isn't cheap and it's easy to be overwhelmed.  I think that most digital mixer companies serving the lower end community is going to have similar problems.    Now if we're willing to double the price we're willing to pay for Mackie's mixers or willing to pay $200 for each major upgrade, Mackie will probably be willing to increase their software development budget.  I would have paid that much for Master Fader 3.  I'd pay that much for MF 4.  (Though, $100 would be more in line with DAW upgrades that I've paid for in the past.)   I've got a much better mixer than what I paid for 18 months ago.  More stable and the only serious problem, in my mind, has been cured.  Everything worth putting on an ipad isn't always free or a buck.  Some of the really good stuff will set you back more.  Want great software?  Get your wallet out.