Author Topic: Master Fader Classic 2.1 released  (Read 15756 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Master Fader Classic 2.1 released
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2015, 06:24:13 AM »
Wynnd you're preaching to the choir. Give Mackie another $200 and they'll put it in their profit column and tell you to go fetch. It's all about a company philosophy and Mackie is all about profit.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:25:53 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2015, 01:38:23 PM »
It could happen.  Loud Tech is a penny stock with a 52 week high of 10 cents and low of 1 cent.  I'm pretty sure they don't have much of a development budget.  (They also didn't issue a dividend last year.)  The fact that they are still developing anything new is a tribute to some very small teams of designers.  Of course if they don't develop anything new, they will be toast.  On the other hand, if we only will pay for software upgrades, that would be a direct incentive to improve that department.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2015, 01:40:02 PM »
You have to be fair, if they put all the money in to developing apps for the Dl, there would be no cash left for all them smashing active speakers they make.

;)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2015, 11:29:01 PM »
You forgot all those competitors mixers they keep throwing of the roof. We also won't want them to cut their beer budget at Red Hook brewery. ;D
When in doubt KISS

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2015, 12:46:49 PM »
I'm considering it, I find the monitors more difficult to access in version 3 and there are many items in the long board I will never use, sub groups, VCA's etc.
However, on the apple site it states that the classic version will not be upgraded or debugged, "ever", so no future improvements - we will never get a decent reverb. Not on this version.
Has anyone here gone back and if so, any issues?

I've reverted, first to MF2.1.1 by restoring my iPad from a backup (the only I could get my shows back) and I've just installed MFC, connect it to the DL and my current show (the only one that really  matters) now on MFC too.

fiddledan

• Youngling
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2015, 01:14:30 AM »
I'm considering it, I find the monitors more difficult to access in version 3 and there are many items in the long board I will never use, sub groups, VCA's etc.
However, on the apple site it states that the classic version will not be upgraded or debugged, "ever", so no future improvements - we will never get a decent reverb. Not on this version.
Has anyone here gone back and if so, any issues?

I've gone back to classic, works fine, not so laggy and doesn't seem to disconnect so often. Also, a band I was mixing the other day wanted their manager to mix and I was able to teach him to use the app in a couple of minutes, rather than struggle with 3.01.
Cheers,
Dan

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2015, 02:03:26 PM »
Yes, 2.x is simpler and has a more intuitive UI ... but there is a lot more functionality in 3.x and eventually Mackie will clean up the UI issues.  And, as long as there is a legacy version to maintain it will draw resources away from new version development.  I would rather see Mackie clean up the 3.x issues sooner than keep 2.x around.

I personally used 3.x for the first this time past week ... never used VCAs before and they were extremely helpful.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:10:08 PM by Jkowtko »

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2015, 02:07:47 PM »
I can understand keeping classic around for older ipads and people who prefer the simpler controls.  (Lag has never been an issue for me.)   As I understand it, there will not be any further development of MF classic.    So it shouldn't be distracting from further development of MF 3.x

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2015, 02:11:27 PM »
Oracle has 800 people in it's Sustaining Engineering department ... ;)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2015, 02:53:41 PM »
My Wife is a data base developer and has worked with Oracle.  Everything there is built for low latency.  Personally, I'm amazed at the level of complexity being used for speed.  (Built for very large databases.)

Renoman

• Youngling
  • Loud and Clear
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2015, 10:20:58 PM »
4 gigs back in 2.1 and it's great. When I went to 3 I was keen on the new stuff but when I returned to 2.1 it was "like gettin outa jail". So easy and logical, runs like a clock!
Lighter gear, fewer wires, everything on wheels!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2015, 09:08:12 AM »
I reverted to MF Classic and, for me at least, it provides just the right balance of features and simplicity. I may have a play with MF3 again but MFC is pretty much perfect for my needs. If I need more I'll break out the X32s  8)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2015, 10:54:16 PM »
I'm wondering if I need both.  Sometimes I have help and classic would help there.  I don't want to go back.  I've gotten used to 3.x but boy are there a lot of screens.  Maybe a better possible option is a single wide sideways scrollable channel control that incorporates, PEQ, Outputs, Groups and VCAs, effects and Gate and compression.  It's a thought

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2015, 11:11:05 PM »
Just use access limit so the "help" don't get in to deep :-)
If in doubt ask