Author Topic: Tap tempo question  (Read 2120 times)

workingstiff

• Youngling
Tap tempo question
« on: March 27, 2015, 02:58:31 PM »
I just updated to MF3 and the tap tempo button has moved to a drop down menu. I used to leave the little sidebar thing open so I could just reach over and tap in the tempo or make fader adjustments as necessary (I mix from the stage while also playing). Now it appears as though tap tempo can only be accessed from a drop down menu that while open prevents any fader adjustments. Am I missing something or am I stuck with this convoluted, awkward series of extra steps?

Soundbyte

• Padawan
Re: Tap tempo question
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 05:36:10 PM »
Yes, you pretty much nailed it. There are two ways to tap in a tempo and they both involve drop downs. The quickest one is with the monitor out and FX mutes. The other is the individual channel FX page. It's a pain, so I use a second iPad for FX. an iPhone or iPod could also be used I imagine.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 07:50:25 PM »
for sure this is something that is aggravating to me too.
It definitely needs to be changed so we can tap tap tap tap and get on with mixing,

Soundbyte

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 10:04:56 PM »
Ya, it's to bad the delay is so basic. On my D-TWO i can tap in the tempo and then subdivide it into anything I want. From 1/2 dotted, to 1/16 triplet and everything in between. It would be nice if it had a LFO & modulation depth control as well.