Author Topic: Dl1608 recording  (Read 2927 times)

Silvertopsolarnut

• Youngling
Dl1608 recording
« on: April 13, 2015, 08:39:27 PM »
Hi I'm new to this forum so I'm sure this need has been addressed but I sure need some help.  I'm trying to set up recording off the dl1608, and did some test wav files with internal recorder and now I cannot delete these files from the iPad. We hard connected to our Mac mini and can see the files (empty test files) but just cannot delete them.  I have read that voice record pro is better, and would like to try this.  The question is which version to use, and how do you delete these files from the iPad so as to not clog it up. Can someone give a simple explanation as to how VRP works. We have experience with the Presonus Studio Live, but it functions differently from Master Fader. One feature we are looking for is to just record one song and then on the spot listen to that recording through the house. You can't do this with Master Fader.   We understand the recording is different from live sound but it's a useful learning tool. Thank you for your help.  :)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Dl1608 recording
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 10:10:34 PM »
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:15:52 PM by RoadRanger »

Silvertopsolarnut

• Youngling
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 02:16:44 AM »
Thanks we were able to delete the test files, and are looking into downloading the voice recorder pro. I think the manual needs to be clearer.  I tried tech support and they told me to contact apple???

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 02:31:34 AM »
I tried tech support and they told me to contact apple???
x(
Yah, Mackie should really give their phone guys our FAQ :angel:

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 02:47:29 AM »
I've done phone support in the past.  It's not easy and no matter how knowledgeable you are, you will always run into something that you've never seen before.  But it wouldn't be that hard to put together script using our FAQ to answer most questions.  This goes back to wondering how small Mackie's software department is.