Author Topic: iOS 8.3 Released  (Read 8205 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
iOS 8.3 Released
« on: April 09, 2015, 03:34:25 AM »
Woo! :o

Wynnd

• Master
Re: iOS 8.3 Released
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 01:44:49 PM »
I've installed on my ipad 2.  That went well.  Haven't tested it yet.  I don't have anything mission critical coming up soon.   Next major thing is my senior's variety show next month, but there will be some full rehearsals coming up later this month.  I'll report back any noticeable changes.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 03:53:00 AM »
So far so good.  The PEQ modern looks good, but then I didn't have a problem before, so it's probably just the same.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 01:27:30 PM »
iPhone 4S crashed about 20 minutes after the update,  but now seems to be working a little better I think. I guess it's really not made to run iOS 8.X theoretically. "Takes a licking and Keeps on ticking!" (I hope not)  :eek:

Going to update the other iToys today. No major gigs in the near future, but I don't expect any problems with this update, or maybe I should say, hopefully no issues?  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 01:56:43 PM »
The download and install of 8.3 on my 4S took quite a while, but it's working OK.  (I no longer use it as a phone being that I upgraded.)  So maybe your upgrade was a hiccup.  (Happens.)

My Wife has a company provided iphone 5 and has been warned that upgrading breaks a mission critical app.  (I don't know which one.  They might just want to test it before having the employees upgrade.) 

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 04:41:29 PM »
FYI we have seen no issues with 8.3. Please let us know if you discover anything wrong.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 06:06:50 PM »
So far I've seen nothing in ios 8.3 that doesn't work just fine.  Still early, but generally Apple updates are usually fairly stable.  I would only avoid them for a gig that was coming up very soon.   (Not a problem for the next few weeks.)  Download times were long, but install times reasonable.  I've upgraded an ipad 2, ipad mini, iphone 4S, and an iphone 6.  Will have a chance to work with my DL1608 this Sunday. 

My Wife works in the database department of a major National Stock Broker.  Pretty sure any issues there won't be related to Mackie products. 

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 02:27:23 PM »
Airplay is still broken...

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 03:29:35 PM »
Airplay is still broken...

Don't have a gig for a while, but going to check my AirPlay again with this iOS update. RATS!

20 Minutes later.... Tested AirPlay with both the iPod Touch and iPad 2. It's Alive! Thank goodness! But I must be lucky, since there are still quite a few that are having issues. Still doesn't make a lot of sense.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:48:37 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 04:48:09 PM »
Airplay is working on all my devices beautifully with this update.

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 04:56:02 PM »
So you're able to have both MF and Airplay up at the same time and can stream music while MF is open and running?

This sounds like a buried setting I've apparently missed.  I'll fire up the rig again tomorrow and try it again.

What about the SW version of your airport express/extreme?

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »
...and I wil be running a iPad 2, an old and new mini and a iPad air.  I'll try it with all of them.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 06:21:23 PM »
I suspect that if you disable MF's access to the microphone it won't interfere with AirPlay. MF only needs access to the microphone if you are docking it and recording from within MF.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 08:30:09 PM »
Hi Frankie,
I am able to stream music via Airplay with or without Master Fader running from any of the devices that are connected to the Airport Express.

For instance, I can use the iPod and stream music from it via Airplay and not have My Fader running, also,
I can stream music via Airplay from an iPad that is running Master Fader, or not running Master Fader.
I hope that wasn't too confusing.

my Airport Express model is 802.11n (2nd Generation)
version 7.6.4

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:39:54 PM by dpdan »

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 03:46:35 PM »
I suspect that if you disable MF's access to the microphone it won't interfere with AirPlay. MF only needs access to the microphone if you are docking it and recording from within MF.

I'll bet that's it.  Give me a few and I'll get back with the test results...