Author Topic: iOS 8.3 Released  (Read 8199 times)

frankiebass1

• Padawan
Re: iOS 8.3 Released
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 04:38:30 PM »
So now I'm more confused.  Fired up the mixer with the ipad2 docked.  Fired up the mini and everything works!  I can have MF running and finally see the AirPlay device when I pull up the menu and attach and stream music while MF is running. I didn't change any settings. WINNING!

So I shut the mini off and fire up my iPad air.  Check the microphone settings, make sure its set to off.  Bring up the AlrPlay screen to make sure I'm seeing the airplay device and connect to it.  Bring up MF and poof, my airplay device vanishes!

So I'm batting 500 which is great for baseball but not so good here.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 07:35:46 PM »
Not going to update yet, it just takes too long and I'm too impatient 😄

Going thru ihell right now since my main computer crashed, have reloaded everything on a new desktop but recreating iTunes has been living hell. Got about 3000 songs loaded and still have to rebuild the playlists.

Once that task is does and all the itoys are reloaded with the new songs I will consider starting the upgrade process. 
Your never to old to learn something stupid

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 11:04:36 AM »
Not going to update yet, it just takes too long and I'm too impatient 😄

Going thru ihell right now since my main computer crashed, have reloaded everything on a new desktop but recreating iTunes has been living hell. Got about 3000 songs loaded and still have to rebuild the playlists.

Once that task is does and all the itoys are reloaded with the new songs I will consider starting the upgrade process.

OUCH!  Sorry!

I'm running the new and improved MF Classic (insert snicker here:-)) and other than this hiccup, IOS 8.3 is pretty good.  I won't have a real test until my next sound job on the 24th so hopefully between now and then I'll figure out why one device works and one does not.

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 02:49:01 PM »
I haven't upgraded yet, but I was reading through the release notes and noticed that one of the fixes prevents the device from continually disconnecting from a WiFi network. This could be very good!
Mackie Junkie

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 06:36:39 PM »
Updated today, 1-iPad, 1-iPhone, 1-iPod.
Will test,tomorrow after I get a chance to hood up the board.
If all goes,well I will do then 2nd iPad and back up iPod.

Wrapped,up the shows I had this month  except for one next week that has a house system. I just show up and twiddle the knobs.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 05:09:55 AM »
Used my DL1608 for two rehearsals today.  Not a single issue with ios 8.3    It's been good for me.

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 01:12:00 AM »
Ok.  I think I'm done.  Now the iPad mini that worked stopped working. I'm going to forget about AirPlay. 

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 02:36:37 AM »
Airplay is useful, but I'm finding Tango loaded on my iphone and the docked ipad to be my best answer.