Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Suggestions for a Small rack mixer as a backup

(1/10) > >>

troy mcclure:
My lack of posts must mean i am getting the hang of the DL1608.  I currently carry a small desk form mixer as back up just in case but am thinking it would make better sense to find a 6-8 channel rack xlr mixer that can live in a case I will dedicate to the DL1608 and the power conditioner.  As it would only be for emergencies, I would only run vocals and kick in it so 1 Aux for the monitors would work....

Any suggestions?

sam.spoons:
I'm not aware of much available with 8/3 I/O in a 1U rack. My backup to the 1608 is a battered old Mackie 1202VLZ, it'll get me 3 or 4 vox and any DI's I need (the stereo line channels will handle a dynamic kick mic if pressed). No fx but I'm thinking of an A&H Zed 10fx to replace the 1202 if I sell the DL . The X32 Rack I bought last week makes the DL a bit redundant so it's up for sale but if it doesn't make a decent price I'll just keep it as a spare/bar gig desk.

Wynnd:
I see where you're coming from.  I carry my recording mixer as a backup, but haven't taken it out of the car.  (Cause I haven't needed it.)  The DL1608 hiccups a lot and has some quirks, but basically it's a good mixer.

Sir Krang:
I carry a little Allen & Heath ZED10 in a small briefcase that lives behind the seat in my truck. it only has 4 XLR's and 3 stereo line ins but it would be enough to get me through most gigs if the DL does poos and wees.
it only has 2 AUX which would be enough for some very basic foldback, and my 4RU rack has a backup DBX 231 EQ just in case, as well as my DBX Driverack PX.

Obviously with so few channels available on the ZED the drums would have to run unmiked for the gig, same with guitar, but i could still DI the bass, keys, or any other DI'd source.  :)

RoadRanger:
Behringer XR12 ;) . I'm actually considering picking one up to use as a bass rig that I could mic the kick through also when I'm playing with someone else's vocals-only PA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version