Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Suggestions for a Small rack mixer as a backup

<< < (4/10) > >>

troy mcclure:
Roadranger, the issue with the berhinger x12 is if the Ipad controlling the 1608 is the reason I need a back up I am SOOL.   I would have to carry a back-up tablet  or laptop..  I currently bring a Yamaha mx series alog, but it does take up space and i do have to remember to put it in each gig and it could stay in my practice space as my vocal mixer where it belongs...

I might try a behringer mix ultra- link splitter... not fancy volume and channel blend only but it does meet my requirements and I can always use my powered speakers for master volume adjustment....  again this is only an emergency rig. 

troy mcclure:

--- Quote from: robbocurry on April 11, 2015, 03:12:23 PM ---I have an A&H ZED10 that lives in a small case in the van. I've never needed to use it as a backup (my DL never let me down) but it's done a few gigs just for the heck of it :)
The price of a DL806 makes them damn hard to ignore at the moment.
Proven and familiar for you?
[/quote

I thought of that but if the ipad goes down....
]
--- End quote ---

Rdmitch:
Totally understand the need for a backup, I go the opposite way and carry a 16 channel powered Yamaha board.
This is for the following reasons:

need at least 12 channels to squeak by with.
If my power amp craps out I can always use the Yamahas 2-500watt amps to power the mains or monitors
It has 8 channels with compressors and a decent FX section and EQ section.

It is not crazy big or heavy. I simply leave it in the van and don't have to load or unload it each time.
It's just there,along  with spare wires and tools.

WK154:
No-one can beat this for a backup.  http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=355.0
Last time I bagged 6 for $49.99 and $29.99 of that was shipping. Add a fan for $8 and you need to be handy making cables. Mount a 32 connector panel in the back and you can switch in less than 2 minutes from your DL1608 to 8 mic/line and 4 line inputs (loose the drums). Far less adjustments especially if you're a performer/FOH type. Yes you need a PC of sorts for setup but that can be done beforehand. I also bring out three switches for emergencies Mute and volume up and down on output 1 (L&R). It also has a lot of filters, compressor, delays and crossover functions along with lots of setup tools (White,Pink,single and scanning freq.). It understands NOM. You can go all out with macros and lots of setup storage. The pre's are  better than Mackie's or Behringer's. It did after all have a MSRP $5200 price tag in 2002. Just don't buy one with a dead fan like Sam or Robbo ( sorry forgot who) and expect it to last.

Kev tyler:
I purchased a zed 10fx recently whilst I contemplated jumping in to the digital pond, it's a solid little desk, but I hate the fx, has anyone else found them a bit weird?

Kev

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version