Author Topic: DL32R junior please Beno  (Read 6958 times)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
DL32R junior please Beno
« on: April 12, 2015, 10:15:20 AM »
As mentioned before, I think a 1u or 2u rack mount version of the 806/1608 would be great. Much as the "lay your iPad on top" device has its merits, a rack mounted version really appeals to me. Definitely a space saver and easier to integrate with other components in the system. I'm hoping this might be the next incarnation of the DL line :)
The older I get, the better I was!

Sir Krang

• Padawan
Re: DL32R junior please Beno
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 01:06:08 PM »
I'd put my hand up for one of those too!  :)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 03:10:38 PM »
That would sure open up some nice rack mount options.  If I didn't already own a DL1608, I would consider it. 

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 03:47:30 PM »
I’d be interested too.  Maybe “something wicked this way comes” Wicked as in taking the market share away from the competitors.  I’m hoping for this fall maybe?
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 05:39:43 PM »
Definitely need a DL24R :) .

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 06:30:11 PM »
Not knowing what the guts are like, it's hard to tell how easily a DL1608 and a DL806 would be to blend into a DL24.  But I would think it might deserve some consideration.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 07:27:32 PM »
DL24 rack mount.....I'm in for sure!
Your never to old to learn something stupid

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 07:36:07 PM »
.....oh and I'd like it to fit in a "shallow rack" case too please :)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 12:06:13 AM »
.....oh and I'd like it to fit in a "shallow rack" case too please :)
Yah, the depth of the DL32R is a definite turnoff for me...

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 01:46:52 AM »
I would like a 48 channel that is the size of my iphone with built in wireless input channels for all inputs and an internal wireless router :)

just kidding...

I think it's funny that we were pleading for Mackie to give us more than 16 channels and they gave us 32,
now we are asking for something better than a DL32R.

Although, (ditch the 806) a new DL2410R that is two rack spaces and has 24 inputs on the front with the headphone jack,
and 10 outputs on the back would be super nifty cool far out and right on!  :thu:

but, that would be a cluttered product line perhaps.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 01:54:24 AM »
The DL1608's biggest competitor hereabouts is the X32 Rack with its 23 inputs and 14(?) outputs. Eight nice FX units too :) .

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 09:49:47 AM »
I think a nice 1u digital rack mixer would sell well, but you are asking a lot I think to want it short in height and shallow too, I think there are enough low cost  low ch count digital options available, that the likes of mackie trying to compete would be a bit daft to be honest.

I still can't see the point of the x air 18 when you compare it's price to the heavy hitter x32 rack?

Kev

slystewart

• Padawan
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 06:38:41 PM »
There are many out there using the DL 1608 ,and looking at the DL 32R has way to many inputs for me... a 2 u rack mounted 24R is the way to go  just enough expansion  I would get one tomorrow

pti

• Youngling
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 07:02:33 PM »
You should take a look at the Allen & Heath Qu-Pac. I just switched from my DL32R to the Qu-Pac for the smaller size, lighter weight, front panel controls, etc. (i.e., most of the reasons listed in this thread.)

I love Mackie, but I do find the A&H to be a bit more polished and capable. I've yet to really find anything, other than the ability to color-code/iconify channels, that I miss from the DL32R. The band members seem to appreciate the Qu-You monitor app's ability to group channels into four dials for adjustment to simplify during-performance adjustments vs. MyFader.

I also have to say, I feel a lot less worried now having that front panel for emergency mix adjustments in the event an iPad or WiFi is problematic.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 08:07:53 PM »
You should take a look at the Allen & Heath Qu-Pac. I just switched from my DL32R to the Qu-Pac for the smaller size, lighter weight, front panel controls, etc. (i.e., most of the reasons listed in this thread.)

I love Mackie, but I do find the A&H to be a bit more polished and capable. I've yet to really find anything, other than the ability to color-code/iconify channels, that I miss from the DL32R. The band members seem to appreciate the Qu-You monitor app's ability to group channels into four dials for adjustment to simplify during-performance adjustments vs. MyFader.

I also have to say, I feel a lot less worried now having that front panel for emergency mix adjustments in the event an iPad or WiFi is problematic.
Good choice PTI. Sweet ;)