Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Voice record pro/ voice record pro7

<< < (4/8) > >>

stevegarris:

--- Quote from: WK154 on April 17, 2015, 10:44:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: stevegarris on April 17, 2015, 08:33:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on April 16, 2015, 11:19:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: Silvertopsolarnut on April 16, 2015, 09:24:26 PM ---I was just unsure how to hard connect the I pad with the dl1608 main out XLRs.  I went looking and found 1/8 to XLRs mic adapters on line for external iPad mics.  I didn't know the phone out was also the mic in......If I'm going down the wrong path let me know.

--- End quote ---
Yes you are going down the wrong path. I answered your cable question thinking you would connect whatever to the mixer. If on the other hand you're just wanting to use VoiceRecord to record and playback on the DL you need to dock it and of course use MF3.x. No cables required, no inputs used up not meant for recording. You can however remap the iPad record input with your own selection of channels not just L&R. The MF3 has no control over VoiceRecord in the start/stop area, you need to switch to VC for that. It's not a hardship since you really can only do one thing at a time anyway. If you want to complain target Apple for their sandbox the apps concept. When all else fails RTFM.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the clarification. Can I use Voice Record this way with MF 2.x?

--- End quote ---
It's a crap shoot since "white noise" is still a possibility AFAIK not fixed in MF classic. Most won't have a problem but Murphy is alive and well. ;)

--- End quote ---

I thought that the white noise problem was related to iPad playback via airplay. So I could potentially get it just by hitting the record button on a docked iPad?

Wynnd:
white noise is in Master Fader 2.1.1.....  And in classic.  It's fixed in Master Fader 3.x  Most of us never experienced it, but if you use the classic version, it might raise its ugly head.  While Mackie fixed the problem, they didn't tell us what actually caused it.  I'm guessing that they just rewrote most of Master Fader as the fix.  (Maybe all of it.)

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on April 18, 2015, 12:35:57 AM ---white noise is in Master Fader 2.1.1.....  And in classic.  It's fixed in Master Fader 3.x  Most of us never experienced it, but if you use the classic version, it might raise its ugly head.  While Mackie fixed the problem, they didn't tell us what actually caused it.  I'm guessing that they just rewrote most of Master Fader as the fix.  (Maybe all of it.)

--- End quote ---

It's a good bet that they probably really didn't know the cause either. Like you said they fixed it with MF 3.X and that's all that counts.  ;)

stevegarris:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on April 18, 2015, 01:10:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: Wynnd on April 18, 2015, 12:35:57 AM ---white noise is in Master Fader 2.1.1.....  And in classic.  It's fixed in Master Fader 3.x  Most of us never experienced it, but if you use the classic version, it might raise its ugly head.  While Mackie fixed the problem, they didn't tell us what actually caused it.  I'm guessing that they just rewrote most of Master Fader as the fix.  (Maybe all of it.)

--- End quote ---

It's a good bet that they probably really didn't know the cause either. Like you said they fixed it with MF 3.X and that's all that counts.  ;)

--- End quote ---

So you guys are saying it just happens randomly? I've never experienced it in 2 years, probably 60 or more gigs.

I could swear that it only happened to users of Airplay. I'll have to look back and do some reading.

Regardless - Can anyone answer my question about using Voice Record with MF 2.1? Does it just work when you install the software, and push the record button in MF? Or do I need the routing function available in 3.0?

WK154:

--- Quote from: stevegarris on April 18, 2015, 02:02:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on April 18, 2015, 01:10:26 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

So you guys are saying it just happens randomly? I've never experienced it in 2 years, probably 60 or more gigs.

I could swear that it only happened to users of Airplay. I'll have to look back and do some reading.

Regardless - Can anyone answer my question about using Voice Record with MF 2.1? Does it just work when you install the software, and push the record button in MF? Or do I need the routing function available in 3.0?

--- End quote ---
I already answered that, what don't you understand?  The MF3 has no control over VoiceRecord in the start/stop area, you need to switch to VC for that. Nor does 2.x or classic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version