Author Topic: Recording problem 1402 vlz  (Read 5318 times)

elastic

• Initiate
Recording problem 1402 vlz
« on: April 20, 2015, 06:23:11 PM »
Hi,

I have a Mackie 1402 vlz mixer, i have routed my sound out of ableton, into a channel on the mackie mixer, then i have the main outputs of the Mackie, going into a compressor, and the outputs of the compressor going into my interface on 3-4.
I've got a delay set up on Aux2, i've returned it on a channel on the Mackie (so i can eq the return/delay signal) - then that channel is going out through 'alt3-4' outputs into my interface on 7-8.
But when i record those 7-8 inputs of my interface, the sound is slightly out. Recording through 3-4 is fine though.

No matter what i do i can't seem to record alt3-4 without latency. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

I can record the main jackie outputs no problem without latency, works great, just struggling with alt3-4 for some reason.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:12:45 AM by elastic »

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
Re: Recording problem 1402 vlz
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 06:42:33 PM »
Do you have enough adapters to route your signal directly from Ableton into the compressor to take the desk out of the equation? Given that it is an analogue mixer, I would be surprised if this was the cause of your issue.

elastic

• Initiate
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 09:57:10 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean? I can route ableton directly into the compressor, sure, not sure what they will achieve though.

Thanks

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 05:43:27 AM »
From what I read in your original post you were saying you were having latency issues with the signal path that ran through the mixer, into the compressor and out to your recording input, if I interpreted it correctly. I assumed, rightly or wrongly, that you were suggesting there maybe latency being introduced by the mixer, thus I was looking to take it out of the circuit to prove one way or the other. If the issue is being caused by your compressor, then perhaps some more details about what it is and its settings would help?

elastic

• Initiate
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 06:33:54 AM »
This is what doesn't make sense to me though. Basically the mixer is going out via 2 ways - main outs and alt3-4.
When I record from the main outs it's fine. When I record from alt3-4 it's delayed. I just don't get it.

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 10:28:34 AM »
Even with the compressor out of the circuit?