Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL32 PC control

<< < (3/5) > >>

Michael Welter:
When this was first pointed out, by Mackie, I, too, was skeptical. But it has to do with wireless communication. I tested it by downloading a Microphone app to my Android phone, and connecting it to a Bluetooth speaker. Sure enough, when I spoke into the phone, there was a delay before my voice came out of the speaker. The maker of the app also reported this inherent delay in Android wireless communications.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Michael Welter on April 24, 2015, 06:25:14 PM ---When this was first pointed out, by Mackie, I, too, was skeptical. But it has to do with wireless communication. I tested it by downloading a Microphone app to my Android phone, and connecting it to a Bluetooth speaker. Sure enough, when I spoke into the phone, there was a delay before my voice came out of the speaker. The maker of the app also reported this inherent delay in Android wireless communications.

--- End quote ---
You're adding another device which is known to have delay in transmitting, namely Bluetooth. Standard Bluetooth has anywhere from 200-300 milliseconds of delay unless you use AptX low latency which would be <32 ms. Sorry, your test is meaningless. Normal hearing will detect upwards of 20 ms as a delay. How do you explain XR18 response? Not having one makes it difficult I understand. I've only had my phone now for 2 days and I'll be looking for a VoiceRecord type app etc. ,just haven't had time. :)

Michael Welter:
I can't explain the XR18 response, since I don't even know what that is. I'm just reporting what Mackie told me.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Michael Welter on April 24, 2015, 06:50:33 PM ---I can't explain the XR18 response, since I don't even know what that is. I'm just reporting what Mackie told me.

--- End quote ---
It's only the most posted topic on this forum. http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=754.0

Michael Welter:
Ahh... I haven't been following that thread, as I'm not interested in getting another wireless mixer. I just bought the DL32R in December, and will be sticking with it for some time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version