Author Topic: DL32 PC control  (Read 10208 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: DL32 PC control
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 09:04:29 PM »
You have to give Behringer credit. At least if you lose wireless connectivity you can connect any of their X line-up directly to your laptop via Ethernet, even in the middle of your show with a Cat 4/5 cable. The X32 rack can be directly controlled from the front panel of the unit as can a few other makes.

And of course if your wireless goes down with your 1608, you can dock the iPad and happily run the show too.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:09:55 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 09:09:51 PM »
I've never had a problem with my Behringer gear. They make great low-budget products that keep working, and working. At least, that's been my experience. But my preference is Mackie, as I find their products to be more robust and durable. Again, this is just my experience.
Mackie Junkie

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 09:49:41 PM »
One good thing is if the WiFi connection goes down [...] You can at least control the volumes using My Fader 3.x from an iphone.
Ahh ... no ...

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 09:55:54 PM »
Had Mackie opened up the communications protocol Mandolin they would by now be better off because third party developers might have given them at least one more platform. Behringer's Android app was done that way. Instead they threatened one with legal action (my guess on Metacom) for trying.
I've never had much pity for those who insist on shooting themselves in the foot - especially repetitively. But then somebody once told me I was just a bit to the right of Genghis Khan 8) .

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 12:12:37 AM »
Now it makes sense.... RR was Genghis Kahn's right hand man :lol: (presumably in a previous existence)...

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2015, 01:00:15 AM »
Ahh... I haven't been following that thread, as I'm not interested in getting another wireless mixer. I just bought the DL32R in December, and will be sticking with it for some time.
One of the things you should have learned about this forum is that the title of the thread quickly drifts to other subjects. So you may pick up useful information that possibly can relate to your DL32R.  :)  I don't think anyone here is trying to convert you.
When in doubt KISS

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2015, 04:08:35 AM »
One of the things you should have learned about this forum is that the title of the thread quickly drifts to other subjects. So you may pick up useful information that possibly can relate to your DL32R.  :)  I don't think anyone here is trying to convert you.
Very true. Excellent point. I should start reading everything. One of the reasons that I love this forum is the depth of knowledge it's members.
Mackie Junkie