Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL32 PC control

<< < (4/5) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
You have to give Behringer credit. At least if you lose wireless connectivity you can connect any of their X line-up directly to your laptop via Ethernet, even in the middle of your show with a Cat 4/5 cable. The X32 rack can be directly controlled from the front panel of the unit as can a few other makes.

And of course if your wireless goes down with your 1608, you can dock the iPad and happily run the show too.  ;)

Michael Welter:
I've never had a problem with my Behringer gear. They make great low-budget products that keep working, and working. At least, that's been my experience. But my preference is Mackie, as I find their products to be more robust and durable. Again, this is just my experience.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on April 24, 2015, 01:11:42 PM ---One good thing is if the WiFi connection goes down [...] You can at least control the volumes using My Fader 3.x from an iphone.
--- End quote ---
Ahh ... no ...

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on April 24, 2015, 03:29:16 PM ---Had Mackie opened up the communications protocol Mandolin they would by now be better off because third party developers might have given them at least one more platform. Behringer's Android app was done that way. Instead they threatened one with legal action (my guess on Metacom) for trying.
--- End quote ---
I've never had much pity for those who insist on shooting themselves in the foot - especially repetitively. But then somebody once told me I was just a bit to the right of Genghis Khan 8) .

sam.spoons:
Now it makes sense.... RR was Genghis Kahn's right hand man :lol: (presumably in a previous existence)...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version