Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL32 PC control

<< < (2/5) > >>

WK154:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on April 24, 2015, 02:38:44 PM ---If they have an Ethernet port, albeit for connecting a wireless router, could not a firmware patch enable the Ethernet port to do dual duty by allowing you to connect a laptop to it via a Cat 4 or 5 cable? Of course this would require MF to be ported to Windows or Mac OS. Or is the current hardware not capable of doing this?

And as Michael just posted, it might be cost ineffective to the consumer. Even though Behringer has done it for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS  and kept the apps free for now.  ;)

--- End quote ---
You forgot Linux, that makes 5 platforms. Had Mackie opened up the communications protocol Mandolin they would by now be better off because third party developers might have given them at least one more platform. Behringer's Android app was done that way. Instead they threatened one with legal action (my guess on Metacom) for trying.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: WK154 on April 24, 2015, 03:29:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on April 24, 2015, 02:38:44 PM ---If they have an Ethernet port, albeit for connecting a wireless router, could not a firmware patch enable the Ethernet port to do dual duty by allowing you to connect a laptop to it via a Cat 4 or 5 cable? Of course this would require MF to be ported to Windows or Mac OS. Or is the current hardware not capable of doing this?

And as Michael just posted, it might be cost ineffective to the consumer. Even though Behringer has done it for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS  and kept the apps free for now.  ;)

--- End quote ---
You forgot Linux, that makes 5 platforms. Had Mackie opened up the communications protocol Mandolin they would by now be better off because third party developers might have given them at least one more platform. Behringer's Android app was done that way. Instead they threatened one with legal action (my guess on Metacom) for trying.

--- End quote ---

You would think that if Master Fader was available for other platforms, it would be beneficial to Mackie in the form of more product sales and give more choices to the consumers instead of keeping their protocol under lock and key. Is it exclusivity? Or an agreement with Apple or another party that they are locked into?

Wynnd:
There is a group of anti-Apple people who will never buy anything that requires apple products to work.   (Just like I hated the Beatles for being popular.  Stupid, cause they made great music.  I grew out of it.)   Support for Android would open Mackie's digital mixers to those people.  (I think it's a short list.)  And there is a level of ease of porting some types of software. 

Michael Welter:
That's not up to Mackie. Android has an inherent delay that would make Master Fader unworkable. Imagine seeing someone walk up to the podium, and so you quickly unmute the mic, and it take 2 second to actually unmute. Until Google fixes that issue, there won't be an Android version of Master Fader.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Michael Welter on April 24, 2015, 05:59:14 PM ---That's not up to Mackie. Android has an inherent delay that would make Master Fader unworkable. Imagine seeing someone walk up to the podium, and so you quickly unmute the mic, and it take 2 second to actually unmute. Until Google fixes that issue, there won't be an Android version of Master Fader.

--- End quote ---
Would you like to explain why mute/unmute on my Android phone is almost instantaneous. I think you have bad information or an example of a bad app. My XR18 is also as responsive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version