Author Topic: Master Fader v3.1 Now Available  (Read 18711 times)

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
Re: Master Fader v3.1 Now Available
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2015, 09:03:04 PM »
Thanks Ben! If you get your finger on it and hold it, then it will move smoothly (if you don't move it too fast). I am hoping that it won't be an issue for the festival I have on Saturday, usually once the Main is set it stays set.

Both are iPad 2 and iOS 8.3

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2015, 09:05:28 PM »
Here you go, video evidence   :eek:

Mine is repeatable... on both iPads, docked and undocked.

http://youtu.be/M1iM4-fqG3I

Oh and running the latest iOS version on iPad 2 (both).

Mine is the latest version iPad with latest version of iOS...    Nope, not seeing anything like that.   At my worst, it was one time.

Your overall response is slower than mine (even on the properly working channel strip)

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2015, 09:07:27 PM »
I wonder...  This only happened for me when I first started up and first loaded a show.

What happens if you start with a new show?   

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2015, 09:12:37 PM »
I'll try that on Sunday, at the moment everything is set up ready for Saturday and I am not inclined to start changing things... just to be on the safe side. Thanks for experimenting John.

BTW Ben, is there any chance you guys might be looking into 'revising' the effects? Based on a number of users experience this seems to be the Achilles heal across the DL product range, though the functionality and user interface are both superb, especially compared with the other market offerings.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2015, 10:35:18 PM »
I ran into not quite as drastic lag issues with my iPad 2’s running the new MF 3.0 when it first came out. I upgraded to an iPad Air 2 and no more lag right through MF 3.1.

Did notice that one time “possessed” Main Fader with 3.1 that wouldn’t respond until I touched it repeatedly and it popped all the way up the top all by itself on the Air 2! Hasn’t happened since, but the older iPad 2 still has minor lag issues and is still useable though. It’s relegated to AirPlay only.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:39:54 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2015, 12:57:02 AM »
I have to revise my report on the "quirky" Main Fader in MF 3.1. I was just playing with it on this iPad 2 for about 2 minutes. My goodness it's absolutely possessed!  :eek: The channel fader right next to it was laggy, but nothing like this OIY !!  I was running it in demo mode. I can't imagine what it would be like "live" if you weren't very careful with it. If you move it slowly it behaves.

I then retested this on my iPad Air 2 and no issues at this time. Very smooth no matter how fast you moved the Main Fader. It's got to be the faster CPU and more system memory that can deal with this. It does appear IMHO to be another potential "issue" with MF 3.1 running on the iPad 2 and any other models that have the same specs. The great YouTube video posted by ijpengelly is 100% spot on!  :thu:  8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2015, 01:07:05 AM »
I have to revise my report on the "quirky" Main Fader in MF 3.1. I was just playing with it on this iPad 2 for about 2 minutes. My goodness it's absolutely possessed!  :eek: The channel fader right next to it was laggy, but nothing like this OIY !!  I was running it in demo mode. I can't imagine what it would be like "live" if you weren't very careful with it. If you move it slowly it behaves.

I then retested this on my iPad Air 2 and no issues at this time. Very smooth no matter how fast you moved the Main Fader. It's got to be the faster CPU and more system memory that can deal with this. It does appear IMHO to be another potential "issue" with MF 3.1 running on the iPad 2 and any other models that have the same specs. The great YouTube video posted by ijpengelly is 100% spot on!  :thu:  8)

Well now you have me concerned. While I use iPad Air 2 for foh tech, I use an iPad 2 for our monitors on stage. I rarely twiddle the main except at initial sound check, but that could be an issue.

At least we have pro audio companies providing sound at both of our festival gigs this weekend..... So no worries until next weekend. Heh

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2015, 01:25:06 AM »
Hi John,

I was able to reproduce the bug on my iPad 2 but it may not be that way for others or you. Hopefully? We may be panicking prematurely. Have you tried this on your iPad 2 yet? It may be okay and if it does, I think if you are careful with the Main Fader it should work just fine.

Fingers crossed!  ;)

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2015, 07:01:34 AM »
What I am going to have to try when I am home later is what happens with the actual audio, the fader jumps, but I wonder if the level does the same or if it smoothly comes up? Don't know if anyone else can quickly test this?

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2015, 12:15:41 PM »
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mackie-master-fader/id511500747?mt=8

We just released Master Fader v3.1 to the App Store.

Is this backwards compatible to the firmware from 3.0?

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2015, 12:36:24 PM »
When I docked mine it posted updates, so I suspect not.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2015, 12:46:18 PM »
Does My Fader still work?

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2015, 01:38:58 PM »
Official word from Beno is My Fader works fine with Master Fader 3.1.  Others have already tried it with success.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2015, 01:43:02 PM »
Official word from Beno is My Fader works fine with Master Fader 3.1.

Cool. Thanks.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2015, 10:48:21 PM »
With all the interesting stuff happening with a “Master Fader for all” I kind of think that there should be 2 versions. Master Fader 32 for the DL32 with a whack of features and a UI suited to it only.

And Master Fader 16 with all the great features tuned for the 806/1608 and an appropriate UI that suits these. They should also be resource usage appropriate for the platform they are controlling. Would it be that hard to have 2 versions of Master Fader?

If wishes were fishes I guess.  :mrgreen: