Author Topic: Master Fader v3.1 Now Available  (Read 18707 times)

Rdmitch

• Knight
Re: Master Fader v3.1 Now Available
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2015, 11:18:25 PM »
Don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same oddity, but in the recording screen (not the routing screen)
When either slider is touched the program crashes. Only noticed this while surfing around the new V3.1
version.
Crash reports were sent to Mackie
Attached pic shows the button and slider causing the issue
Your never to old to learn something stupid

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2015, 11:27:31 PM »
Don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same oddity, but in the recording screen (not the routing screen)
When either slider is touched the program crashes. Only noticed this while surfing around the new V3.1
version.

This was reported a couple of days ago, and Mackie have already prepped a fix which is (or will soon be) ready to submit to Apple.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2015, 11:48:36 PM »
Cool...thanks for the info!
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2015, 01:05:17 AM »
version.

This was reported a couple of days ago, and Mackie have already prepped a fix which is (or will soon be) ready to submit to Apple.

The fix was submitted to Apple by Mackie on the 30th of April. Just waiting for it to go through Apple's hoops before it's posted to the App Store.  ;)

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2015, 09:11:47 AM »
Other than the two bugs that seem to have been flagged (record page crash and jumping jack fader) Mackie version 3.1 performed extremely well yesterday. Outdoor festival, one acoustic set and four bands, HK Audio Projector system on FOH duties and three monitor mixes. Drums mics (6 off) were groups and monitor masters were on a VCA (DCA), four vocals, two guitars, bass and keys. Extensive use of mute and view groups.

I was running two iPads (one docked and one wireless), that I swapped over when the power on the iPad was getting low and the one that was docked was wirelessly connected to a laptop acting as a UPNP server for the in-fill music between acts.

All the flexibility that the extra features has provided and those that were include from day one made yesterday much easier than the traditional route. The only thing I really hankered for were remote pre-amps, but I used trim feature to good effect.

We did experience a couple of power trips on the day (which at first I thought was due to the wet weather, but turned out to be the amount of power the Projector rig can draw), but when the power came back on, the router and DL1608, both were accessible and ready to go again after about 20 - 30 seconds.

All in all a good day bar the weather.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2015, 01:16:01 PM »
Other than the two bugs that seem to have been flagged (record page crash and jumping jack fader) Mackie version 3.1 performed extremely well yesterday. Outdoor festival, one acoustic set and four bands, HK Audio Projector system on FOH duties and three monitor mixes. Drums mics (6 off) were groups and monitor masters were on a VCA (DCA), four vocals, two guitars, bass and keys. Extensive use of mute and view groups.

I was running two iPads (one docked and one wireless), that I swapped over when the power on the iPad was getting low and the one that was docked was wirelessly connected to a laptop acting as a UPNP server for the in-fill music between acts.

All the flexibility that the extra features has provided and those that were include from day one made yesterday much easier than the traditional route. The only thing I really hankered for were remote pre-amps, but I used trim feature to good effect.

We did experience a couple of power trips on the day (which at first I thought was due to the wet weather, but turned out to be the amount of power the Projector rig can draw), but when the power came back on, the router and DL1608, both were accessible and ready to go again after about 20 - 30 seconds.

All in all a good day bar the weather.

Thanks for the excellent report. It's good to hear/read that everything went well for you. Nice!  :thu: :thu:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler